Renting an apartment in Sao Paulo

Hi All!

Can someone suggest where and how can I rent an apartment for my family (wife and 3 kids) for 2 months stay in Sao Paulo.?
It has to be safe neighborhood and preferably not pricy.
Appreciate if you could tell an average monthly rental cost for 2 bedroom appartment.

thanks in advance!
Murik

One place you can check quickly and easily is AirB&B.  There are plenty of two bedroom apartments there available for a two-month rental, in a variety of neighborhoods for a variety of prices.  If any look good to you, you could check back here to ask people who live in São Paulo about the specific neighborhoods.

Thank you, but some websites are in Portuguese only...
can you suggest a safe and clean neighborhood please.

AirB&B is multilingual, and multicurrency.

Someone who lives in São Paulo will need to suggest neighborhoods to you.  It would probably help to be a little clearer on what your requirements are, e.g., do you need to be near modes of transit, particular houses of worship, walking distance of shopping, special language resources, etc.  São Paulo is an enormous city with hundreds of neighborhoods, in all kinds of different price ranges.

Don´t forget little hotels that do rent their rooms per month with minimal paperwork. There are also aparthotels for short stays.

You should Google "bairros com maior segurança em São Paulo" or "bairros com criminalidade menor em São Paulo." You use Google translator after for the answers which are stated in Portuguese.

robal

Hi Murik,
I could help out. There's an apartment you can have for the 2months, in a 'condominio fechado'...a gated community with 24 hour surveillance, close to every necessity. 2000 reais a month sorts you out. 'Safe neighbourhood'......of course that's relative in Sao Paulo but yeah, the area is cool. Some English speaking neighbours too may be helpful.

Hi Murik,

I would suggest you Jardins area,  Bela Vista Alto de Pinheiros and Brooklin neighborhoods. Airbnb is great indeed ;)

thanks to all for information, we are thinking of going to Florionapolis as it is small and safe place as we were told. But I was also told that its hard to find English speaking people there. I wonder if I will be able to find a notary service where I could get all papers translated?
Also could u suggest any app or apps that would help me to get around in Brazil?

Get an AirBnB account.   Two - three month rentals are hard to come by.
Flats are not such a great idea, as you can't tell when hookers are working out of them.

You may score a deal on a short term for a Single Family in Pacaembu, or get something in Higienópolis.  Also consider Vila Buarque ( all the streets close to Higienópolis ), Bom Retiro ( the upper part  by the Luz Park, try Rua Prates, avoids the lower Bom Retiro  ), the upper Campos Elíseos ( high numbers on Al. Barão de Limeira ), Upper Bela Vista ( São Carlos do Pinhal, Rua dos Ingleses, Rua dos Franceses ).

Then there is Vila Mariana. Anything close to Rua França Pinto or Joaquim Távora.
Alto da Mooca ( Along Av. Paes de Barros ), Alto da Lapa ( along Av. Cerro Corá ),
Vila Ipojuca ( again, Cerro Corá ), Vila Romana ( the upper part with Rua Tito, Clélia, Catão ),definetively Perdizes ( near PUC by R. Monte Alegre, Vanderlei, Cayowaa ).

Downtown is ok, if you pick your spots.  On Republica stick with Av. São Luis.

Moema and Campo Belo are ok.

Alto da Boa Vista in Santo Amaro. 

These are decent neighbohroods with decent curbside appeal, close to the public Transportation grid. 

What to avoid...
Morumbi, all the adjoining neighobrhoods of Av. Paulista, Itaim Bibi, Brooklin,