Looking for Moms and Moms to be

Hello,

I'm looking for Moms and Mom to be in Egypt who want to tell me more about the habbits of nuture little children. I want to understand the way of living and what products are 'hot' in Egypt.
I am asking because together with a Egypt friend I want to export a few European brands to Egypt.
But at this moment I don't know if what I'm considering to sell to babyshops in Egypt will be a good choise.
Of course fathers are also welcome to give me some answers :)
As the products are coming from Europe it will be more for the upper class because of the prices.
You can reach me via Facebook, Viber or Whatsapp if you like.

If there are people who run a babyshop in Egypt, please let me know as well!!

Thanks,
Carolien from the Netherlands

that's not good idea,, trust me about this

What is the reason you say this?

It's very simple ,, The Egyptian economy is not in good shape for people to buy European goods. The salaries are slim and the goods are expensive. Maybe some people buy expensive goods, which is a very small proportion of the people.

I do not want to frustrate you, but go to the markets and compare prices

Thanks for your answer. I know about prices, economy etc of Egypt. But when I look at the big baby shops in Cairo, they sell also al lot of expensive products, so we will see. If it doesn't work we will know quick enough.
First I still need to get the company ready which already takes 7 weeks....

Of course I wish you success ... A happy stay in Egypt

Thank you. I will not be in Egypt now but an Egyptian friend will take care of the business. I appreciate your concerns!

you welcome .. Have a nice day

hi carolien
i think this idea is very good ,specially if you work with famous big shops ,but you will need to make marketing research first to know the market requirements ,prices range,competitors and the taste .
also you will need to start with small quantities .
i wish you have a good luck and if you need any help it will be my pleasure as i am fashion design and technology university professor
regards
hazem

Hello Hazem,

Thanks for your reply. We did market investigations and as the products we want to sell are not know yet in whole of Northern Africa and Middle East, I think the products won't be the problem. Getting in contact with the right persons of the big shops is a bigger challenge. I wanted to go to the baby&kids fair end of this month in Cairo, but flights are extremely expensive at the moment, need a hotel etc, so I hope for a good last minute offer.
I will keep in mind that you offered your help. Thanks for that!
With best regards from the Netherlands,
Carolien

you are welcome
i wish you a good luck and again if you need any help let me know
regards