Strollers in the streets of Cairo?

Hi there,
We will be moving to Cairo with a 6 month old and are looking for advice on the best stroller to purchase for the streets of Cairo.  If you can suggest a specific brand or useful features to look for that would be helpful. We are currently using a baby carrier only, but would like to have the option of a stroller.

Thanks!

Welcome to Expat.com KJM!;)

Have you tried to post an advert in Cairo classifieds? It may help.;)

Harmonie.

Hi,
I was in this situation and i found having 2 helps.
I have 1 heavy duty 1 (comfy for sleeping)
and a cheap stroller for the streets cost 200 pounds but it does a good job..Easy to pick up with baby in it to get over curbs and bumps and light and easy to shove in the car..I based it on where i was going..So if i was going to the mall in my car i would take the bigger one..But if i went by taxi i would taxi the light easy 1..Sounds complicated LOL but over her making things easy for yourself in this kind of way helps..

Hope any of this is useful

:one great answer..

I have a Graco travel system. It seems to do the job quite well. There are lots of places to get strollers here - I got mine at Dandy Mall at Toys R Us. So you might want to wait until you arrive before choosing one.

Feel free to PM me. I'm looking to meet other Cairo Mamas.

I have a Graco 'buggy' too, brought in Ismailia for about 350LE if I remember rightly.
Features include; nice big handle to push from, one button to collapse, 3 settings for the seat position, big basket underneath to carry all the stuff in and the ultimate must have for any buggy in Egypt... BIG SOLID STRONG WHEELS!

My baby is 8 months and we have had it for a few weeks now and I think its perfect for all the holes, bumps and up/down all those massive curbs!