British Expats

Hi guys,

Shall we create a WhatsApp group? Seems easier and quicker to organise stuff and anyone who wants to be in the group just add me and ask ? ***

Any Brits who want to add me please do. Feeling a little home sick!

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Message me ill send you my number

Ill be out there on the 11th

Hi...am a local.. interested in meeting expat.. can join.. let me know

Hi all, apologies (especially to Samantha) I mentioned I was going to fire up a Facebook page specific for Brit expats but got taken out with troubling news regarding my mothers health (but shes ok for now) Ive been super busy occupied with my sports items and other things. I hope to get back on the FB page. I've noticed a couple more people (Brits) have communicated on the thread. Hope to meet up sometime. (I will hopefully have a "FB Brit expats in Mu" page sorted soon).

Hi Frostbelle,
I've just seen your suggestion regarding a Whatsapp group (after posting my last post minutes ago). Great idea.
I will pm you.
(I will still look into the Facebook page item too as another option ref/source of interest that can be used).

@dannygerre,are you into kite surfing?

Hi Nick512,
It's windsurfing I do and not kitesurfing. Both great Watersports but quite different. Mauritius is a great place for both.
Regards Danny.

Hello danny,
Where do you do for the windsurf?
Which beach? Are you in the north?

Thanks
nick

I windsurf all over, Anse la Raie, Le Morne, Pte Desny plus other "less known spots" on the Island. 😎🏄
East based.
However since this thread is more to do with Brit expats network/connecting perhaps I can add if anyone has any windsurfing related Q.s plz pm me by all means.

Hi,
Pleased to make aware to all British expats who now live in Mauritius (or intend to) a new Facebook community page entitled "British Expats in Mauritius" is online.
It is currently open to likes and follows but in the near future, the idea is to have join requests by admin approval to the page/community group to filter out non related UK expats, advertisers, services seeking to target for business etc plus hopefully keep the community page genuine to the cause and spirit of a Brits in Mauritius page community sharing item.
Please do visit "like&follow" the page plus leave an introductory comment so that existing followers can see and get to know you. (Share your news/stories, events that might interest other Brits to meet up etc)
While there is of course the expats.com Facebook page for general meet ups for all member expats the new Facebook page is tailored specifically for UK / Brits as a community connectivity medium here on the island.
It is not a consultative or informational page but simply a "British expat Community sharing" item.
Appreciate if you could please pass this info onto other British expats in Mauritius.
Hope to meet you on the new page or on the island sometime soon 😀
(Trusting this announcement doesn't infringe on this Forums code of conduct? A simple announcement post to assist member expats from UK joining or already on the island
)

Best Regards
Danny

Hi everyone,

Is the plan to meet up this Saturday in Port Louis still on? I'm keen to attend!

Hi everyone.
Going forwards the new community Facebook Group, "British Expats in Mauritius" was put live Yesterday.
The group is created for British Expats living in Mauritius.
Posts by all members of the group are only shared/seen within that online community group.
All UK expats in Mauritius please feel free to request membership and it would be most appreciated if you could pass on this message to other Brit expats on the island about it.
(The FB page with the same title remains as purely the public facing front of that online community group). 
Many thanks
Danny

Hi,
Ive been messaged that a couple of people are not able to find the new Facebook page mentioned in my recent post in this thread.
Once logged into your own Facebook account simply type into the search box,

British Expats in Mauritius

It should come up.
There's the public FB page and then a newly created FB group with the same title that can also be accessed via a link from the FB page
(The FB page & The FB group serve the same group but different purposes, but get to either one and you'll be able to connect.
Anyone still having problems finding the page appreciate if you could pm me.
Regards
Danny

Hello
Has anyone bought new kitchen accessories in UK to bring to Mauritius? In case I am asked to pay customs duty when I arrive, I want to know how and if I can claim back VAT in UK.

Thank you

Maryline

I have sent you a private message!!
Regards
Vedan