Looking for Job so I can get temp residency permit

I Just moved to bucharest one month ago. I have money to support myself for the next 10 months but i found out that i still need a reason to stay here and the only one that fits me right away is to find any kind of work with my english language. I worked in pharmaceutical industry in US. That is not going well as job market everywhere in science is difficult. I am worry not speaking romanian also hinder that even though science is universal language. I have less than 90 days to apply and receive the temp residency. I even tried different school about teaching english. any kind of a job that i can use for the residency permit. Still having difficulty, unless somehow i can find tutoring privately and somehow use that to apply for residency. anyone can help i appreciate it.

What nationality are you?

i am from california.

Find a certified ONG and make a contract with them  for 2 or three days a week. That's how I got mine. I have a contract to be an English tutor in a local high school for three days a week. I had to buy European health insurance, too.

what is ONG? is there a place where you can search high school or private school that are looking for english tutors?

NGO - a non-profit organization. School, library, charity, etc. Ask friends where their kids go to school, if you were ever a Rotary Club (or other) member seek out the local branches, if you have any desirable skill offer it up.
Teaching English would usually require credentials. I serve as a Conversation Tutor. No grammar for me.
By the way, mine is a volunteer position I created for myself. Finding employment  would be a different thing. But if you get a volunteer contract you would be free to seek employment and convert your status under that contract.

that would be something in the states but here in bucharest, its a different story. Plus i dont know anyone here. I agree with your idea of tutoring english is a  way to stay here in romania for residency. The rest of what you said, it doesnt exist here.

Actually, I'm doing this exact thing in Focsani. It would be up to you to hunt up said volunteer possibility. You asked the question and I answered it, based on my experience here in Romania.

thank you. i will try what you said.

This is really good, i would like to volunteer and help people around.

I would love to do this.

Wow. Seems like we are both in the exact same situation.  I am trying desperately  to find work. I am an accountant and would do just about anything at this point. Time is running out fast.  It really sucks.

Hi!  I just came across this thread.. Your previous work experience might not matter too much, as most companies offer training on the job. Usually the HR departments of bigger companies consider people who have worked at least 6-8 month here (with a contract), regardless of the job (call-center/CSR, etc).
As such, you might want to consider sending your CV to Conectys (https://www.conectys.com/careers.html#open), they used to hire foreigners, even with no work experience in Romania. I worked for them and many of my foreign co-workers found better jobs after working there for a while.  CCC is similar:(https://www.yourccc.com/en/careerlocations/bucharest/).
A few companies that hire foreigners with minimum 6-8 months experience in Romania: Apt Resources & services (https://www.apt.ro/) or other contractors, HP (http://www8.hp.com/us/en/jobs/index.html), Oracle, Genpact, Accenture. There are plenty of jobs, but sometimes it takes a while to get one (it's the same for Romanians, too).

PM me. I can get your residence permit

DeanoE wrote:

PM me. I can get your residence permit

If you have information or advice regarding temporary residency permits please post it here so that others can benefit from it.

The easiest way to obtain a residence permit is to set up a company here and apply as the the administrator of your company.

I can assist with the full process

Happy now, Stumpy?

With no real marketable skills and miniscule knowledge of the language I found an ONG that I was able to get a volunteer contract from that was enough for the Permis de Sedere. Of course, I have income from a pension to support me, so money was not an issue. However, it got my residency approved so now I have a year to find a job if I choose to do so.

What is the process to get a work permit? Can one apply for one before having a job offer as I found applying for jobs and not having a permit kind of limits your opportunities significantly

DeanoE wrote:

The easiest way to obtain a residence permit is to set up a company here and apply as the the administrator of your company.

I can assist with the full process

Happy now, Stumpy?

Hello Deano,
    I have individual business registration here in Sri Lanka. How much it will cost in there? I do software development work.