Port of entry

Greetings! I am a Filipino working in Saudi Arabia. I will be joining a group tour that will start in Vienna. My visa has been issued by Austrian Embassy here in Saudi..Single entry from May 1 to May 27 with 12 days duration. Is it possible that Paris will be my port of entry since there's no direct flight from Saudi to Vienna? Can I stay in Paris for a day?
Hope to hear from you..Thank you!

Welcome

The Embassy should have told you. But what kind of visa has been issued?

Type  C  Schengen  (tourist visa).single entry.

The rules are:

“C” category stands for a Short-term visa which allows its holder to reside in a Schengen Country (Schengen Area) for a certain period of time depending on the visa validity. This particular category, according to the holder's purpose of the travel can be obtained in a form of:

Single-entry visa allows its holder to enter a Schengen country (Schengen Area) only once for the certain period of time. Once you leave the certain Schengen Area you entered the visa validity expires, even if the time period allowed to stay in the Schengen Area is not over yet.

Double-entry visa applies for the same policy as above mentioned, however you are allowed to enter the Schengen Area twice, meaning that for the certain period of time permitted by your visa you can enter the Schengen Zone, leave and enter again without any problems. Once you are out of the country for the second time the visa expires.

Multiple-entry visa allows its holder to go in and out of the Schengen Area as pleased. However, this visa allows its holder to stay in a Schengen Zone for maximum 90 days within half the year, starting from the day one crosses the border between a Schengen member country and the non-Schengen member country.

ok..thanks!