Dependents residence permit and travel

My family (wife and 2 kids) are living in India. In Apr 2017 I got Work permit for 1.5 year to work in Copenhagen. Same time family got residence permit for same period (valid till Oct 18). As usual me and the family got 6 month visa stamped on our passports. I came to Copenhagen in Apr 17 to work and got CPR registered. Family came in June for vacations so did not go for CPR registration.

Now they plan to come again to live here permanently. Since they don't have residence permit (pink card) I applied for their residence permit again in Dec 17 and it was rejected. The reason is that they already have a residence permit letter valid till Oct 18.

My question is how do they travel from India to Copenhagen, They don't have a visa or the pink card. Danish immigration says they can travel on residence permit letter which I doubt.

Why don't you trust the authority? Personally, I would always put that kind of questions to the authority, and if I had the slightest doubt after having received the answer, I would ask again and ask for a clarification.

And you would be able to show the official answer to whom it might concern.

I don't know if this link will reassure you?
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citizens/t … dex_en.htm

/Nellie