Start Visa process

hello guys, I am about to start Visa process under danish green card scheme. I am a mechanical engineer & MBA from symbiosis with 4 years of work experience in Supply chain.

1) I wish to know scope of jobs in "supply chain" domain
   I mean should i start visa process in hope of getting job?
   (my evaluation is positive for Denmark)
2) how much salary in DKK i can expect ?
   my current pkg is 12,00,000/annum INR. can get competitive    salary in DKK ?

Hi pranav07,

Welcome to Expat.com!

I created a new discussion on the Denmark forum for better visibility.

All the best,
Christine

no proper reply :|

Your thread is still new pranav07, give time for other members to reply.;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum too, it may help.:)

Harmonie.

Pranav07 - Denmark is still in crisis. Many qualified Danes are still finding it difficult to get a job, let alone foreigners who have no knowledge in communicating in Danish.

Unless you're an expert in something that is hard to find in Denmark, I'm afraid it'll be very difficult to find a job, even if you're an engineer. Danes are reluctant to hire foreigners, even those who already can speak Danish.
If you go to another forum called Foreigners in Denmark, you'll learn that many Green Card holders (who are medical doctors, engineers and those who hold high level jobs back home) are working menial jobs as cleaners, distributing newspaper just to survive here.

Good luck

lost_in_scandinavia thanks a lot for reply.

As Danish green card is Schengen Visa, can I work in other European countries if there is shortage of jobs in Denmark ?

Danish greencard is not schengen work visa. You can go as a tourist to other Schengen country but you can't work there.

how about jobs in Norway ?

Pranav:

I have said it ONCE: DANISH GREEN CARD GIVES YOU WORK PERMIT IN DENMARK. ONLY.

I got that. I am asking if I get a Job seeker visa for Norway, what is the scope of jobs in "Supply chain". any idea? since you have stayed in Oslo too.

Or Norway is similar to Denmark (shortage of jobs)?

Hi,

I dont know much about getting a work visa for Norway, maybe you should post something about that on the Norwegian forum. I do know however, that Norway does NOT have a Green Card scheme.

Good luck to you.

Jobs not easy to find.
The salary and benefits package will be with candidate skills and experience.

Hi All,

I'm software engineer.i'm hoping to migrate denmark with green card.Can i find IT job in denmark?.I have no big idea about denmark job market.It would be greatly appreciated if someone can give some information about denmark.
Thanks

Hi there :)

You mentioned back in 2012 that the Danish market was not doing so well - how about now?

Rebecca