Mixed Marriage Mahar or Dowry for Moroccan Girl from Foreign Husband

Hello

Hello again,

Are Mahar and Dowry the same ?

To whom I will hand over the mahar or dowry for my bride? Directly to the girl or to her father first before the marriage of course??

Any complete details please still I have doubts.

Jazakallahu katheeran my brothers and sisters!

Hi Lynn

Did your husband not make a wedding party for you after nikkah. Also I had translated so I knew what I was reading.
On the night of nikkah I was tired around 6 and went to lie down. I woke with lots of noise people singing etc. Next thing I know there is two ladies standing with dresses jewellery etc. They start to get me dressed. Don't speak word of English. There's women everywhere cooking etc. I'm like tripping lol. The dresses were beautiful but it was very daunting as he guided me down stairs with everyone waiting and making the marriage noise lol. Then I saw there was a white sofa with diamontes and I sat there and had my henna done and basically it was a great atmosphere and a big surprise. He wanted to make it special but not like Moroccan woman would get. They want the works. He did his best though. I think you should go live there with his family for few months see how yous get on then look for a house together. Best of luck

Why ?

Salam alaykoum

I'm Basma from Morocco.  Mahr is part of woman's rights in Islam. Besides, it shows how much her husband cehrich her. Wnat be my friend?

Walaikumassalam .
Yes,
Where are you from in Morocco.

casablanca.  But, I live in Laayoune, Sahara.  And u?

I live in England.
Laayoune, is it a big city like Casablanca.

Nn laayoune is small. It is in the south/sahara. Once you settle down in Casa, I wish you will visit laayoune. :)

Inshallah. I shall visit Laayoune. 😊

In cha ALLAH.  This is my mai: ***.  Can we be friends?  PLz send me yours.

Moderated by Priscilla 5 years ago
Reason : do not post your personal contact details on the forum

HI
I'm from Morocco. And you?

Brother even I am marrying to a morrocon girl our marriage is scheduled to happen on September 2019 the amount for mahr is set at 20000 MAD, dabiha for 5000MAD and jewellery for 50000 MAD for banquet hall and caterers it would be combined.

That's too much bro. How long you know your fiancé.
Any good luck bro.

From last 2 years, even I felt that the mahr is too much but she says it's a trend for mahr to be like this I offered 5000MAD to which they didn't agree even 10000MAD is considered as an insult so had to agree for 20000MAD but they agreed for wedding expense to be combined. Where r u from??

I am from England married to a Moroccan women  and betrayed by her. I found her family was great to me. I don't know if it was part of the scam.  she enter in to the country, just after one month she imposed false allegations on me by creating false and fabricated evidence. So much going on.
They just target the UK and US citizens to get marry to enter in to the country.
They are very good at demanding and bargaining the money and other things. There somany scam marriage by the Moroccan people. You can read their stories by Google.
Just be careful bro. By the way where are you from.

Yep ! Be very careful

ijm1086 wrote:

That's too much bro. How long you know your fiancé.
Any way good luck bro.

Hello I meet a nomad man to years ago and at the beginning  he said  to me , marriage  was not for him,so I visited with him twice  including  family..Now he is pressured me to marry him, because  in M,Hamid life is to difficult  and there is nothing to do as a job..Every time I went there twice, always paid  for me and him in everything we did together, I know  his family  is poor and with a little bit of job in tourism, he help his family, now I'm much older  than him and he says  that doesn't  matter, that he be my husband forever, I told him to get a Visa and come to Costa Rica and I would help him here, but he says Visa is difficult to  get in Morocco  and cost Alot of money, please need your advise thank you..I'm retired, not rich, do have a place to live in my country..

Mogele99 be very careful

[Post under review]

Hi
If you suggest  to a Moroccan, they consider it as you promised them. So please be careful.

Just don't make any rash decisions until you educate yourself first you owe it to yourself

I am an Indian residing in UAE she is my colleague we know each other from last two years. I understand that the mahr what she has set is higher i.e. 20000MAD she has no demands for jewellery n for banquet hall and for food we gonna be doing it on combine expenses. I know her well n trust her too I didn't bargain much on mahr as this is her right to have it, i am not happy with the amount of mahr as we in India dont go higher than 5000MAD. According to her in marrakech this is standard amount any thing below 20000MAD is treated as shame and considered as an insult for the bride family dont know whether it's true or not.

Thank ylu very much, i lkdten!!

Hi, what do you mean by that, dont quite understand, know him for  2 years, visited twice...thank  you..

Hey I think  the western lady should get more judging from my experience with girl from Casablanca and her family.

What does that comment mean sonnyage6

It means western women will be more inclined to accept you for who and what you are,  while these women are more materialistic and wants a comfortable life without putting anything in its making.

I was told the same thing in Casablanca by this girl's brother that engagement ring cannot be less than US$2000 and also i must have my own house. While he marries American girl in NY who is filing papers for him and is renting an apartment.  Hence no own house to put someone else's daughter.
Dont get me wrong I  love Morocco and been in love with the place since i was 13 y/o and loves most of it's people too.

As a moroccan dowry differs from a region to another i mean if u choose a girl who lives in small village she could ask only for holy book for her dowry maybe less than 2000dhs + a golden ring . If you choose her from cities might cost you 30,000to 40,000 in all cases you can give half the price in the begining and the other half when ever u want thats what they call defeered dowry .
But again dowry is something u can discuss with girl you will marry and here is how it goes in morocco the more you pay the more you appreciate and u love that girl 😂

And thanks god u arenot marrying a girl from gulf counties paying a dowry there is like buying a house in england .

I believe that when u give a dowry is like you buying that girl or treating women like a commodity . this habit was before islam even but i think islam comes to emphasize it as a right for women at that time . For me if you love that girl and you really want to spend rest of ur life with her dowry is just a formality

I understand thank you for your explanation and I agree completely, this is why many men from morocco and fleeing their own country and pursuing western women. But but ....many don't have real intention with the western woman, maybe love does come later for some, and it is successful, but some are pursuing older women, using them to gain their trust so they can enter a western country then leave that woman for a younger woman, or...bring a younger woman from morocco over once they have gained their citizenship. The western woman is then broken hearted and wasted time money and given her heart. No matter people's situations they should never use another human being to benefit themselves.

So actually when you think about it....the Moroccan men are using western women same way Moroccan women are using Moroccan men ! To benefit themselves the easy way  :idontagree:

Lynne men arent the same.it's like saying that scotiish men are good and wont never have affair with another women when they are married .
Moroccan also u will find the good and u will find the bad take me as an exmaple i never thought of leaving my wife. The interent is full of experiences of western who get hearbroken from their husband yet you will find also good sotries.
Same for moroccan women u will find good one and you will  find the bad ones who will abuse men ..

Yea I'm very aware of that. There are good and bad everywhere, but you have to admit there seems to be a regular pattern of this happening with guys in Morocco.   :whistle:

To me it appears that when ever a Moroccan ( irrespective of male ot female) come across a foreigner they get exited to plan how to get benefit from the poor foreigner.
My apologies if it offends any one. I have a valid reason to post this comment as I am presently facing criminal false accusations (malicious prosecutions ) imposed by a Moroccan lady to whom I got married. I'm glad this relationship is ending in this way.

Common occurrence... shame people get hurt in the process bad things happen to good people ...but karma bites their ass  :proud

No one deny that lynne :) most of moroccan consider europe as a paradise comparing to what they live in their home land some of them might sacrifce in order to get there through illegal immigration and some of them through mixed marriage but this latter become hard not like before as now the gov put some hard conditions to fulfill it  to bring you husband with u

Lynn you seem anti morroccan so why are you here? You have nothing but negative and biased opinions.
For your information white overweight desperate women come to morrocco to prey on the poor morrocaan men and use and confuse.
Their are nasty people in every part of the world.
But seriously guys or girls are that naive or stupid to fall for false love?
All you seem obsessess about.
Morrocco has so much more to offer than foolish people being duped or ripped off?
Westerners supposed to be the smart ones seems not to be the case

Can you not be polite in expressing your views. Why do you have to be rude in posting comments. Unless you are representing the scammers.