Apartments in Sao Paulo

Hello,

My husband got a job in a company that's  in Avenida Paulistao. We're looking for an apartment were we have supermarkets/grocery stores nearby, safe, and affordable location. Can anyone suggest good locations to stay in Sao Paulo.

Thanks in advance

Dear lady,
I'm sending you a list of SP's best cities in quality of life with safety and supermarkets nearby.
Waters of St. Peter
Sao Caetano do Sul
Vineyard
São José dos Campos
Sao Roque
Santana de Parnaíba
Bauru
clear river
Campinas
Piracicaba
this last city is one of the best cities of SP to live with quality of life, Piracicaba was considered in 2013 the 5th best city to live in the whole country. Longevity, quality of life, educational and cultural institutions, business environment, markets and natural resources all stand out in the city of Piracicaba. In addition, its competitive nature in business makes the region a great place to grow.

Hi Shridevi,

You mentioned that your husband works at Paulista Avenue, so therefore you guys might want to stay closer to his work. Commuting in SP is the hardest part in my opinion. The traffic is chaotic after 4pm, especially near the new center area (Paulista) .

My advice is for you guys to move to a neighborhood close to the tube station. it will make your life much easier.

Although the cities that were mentioned in the post above are really good to live, it's too far from Paulista Avenue, so you guys can find a nice apartment in a good area with supermarket in any of theses following neighborhoods:

rent monthly: U$ 600 - 1.500)  good areas near to the subway:
1- VILA MARIANA
2 – PERDIZES
3 – BELA VISTA
4 - PRAÇA DA ARVORE
5 – PARAÍSO
6 – JD PAULISTA
7 – SAÚDE
8 – PINHEIROS

Thank you so much Gaby_Maspa. We will checkn apartments in one of these neighborhoods.

You are welcome! I wish you  good luck in your search. You can take a look at this website.
http://sp.olx.com.br/sao-paulo-e-regiao/imoveis so you guys already have some places to visit once you are here.

For a short period while you are looking for a place to rent I would also recommend Airbnb for maximum a month. This will give you time to look for a good place for permenet residence

About me: if ill visit RIO, i think ols supply me information about price. But anyway this  very interest forum !

Avenida Paulista....

That puts you on a number of decent neighbohroods....

Cerqueira Cesar
Upper Bela Vista
Paraíso
Consolação
Higienópolis
Jardim Paulista. 
Pinheiros
Vila Madalena
Vila Mariana

Of the Above ones, Cerqueira Cesar, Jardim Paulista, Pinheiros and Vila Madalena are the pricier ones.

All of the above are either serviced by the Blue, Green and Yellow Lines. 

Then there are the outliers, still decent curbside appeal, for less money...
Vila Buarque
Downtown
Santa Cecília
Vila Clementino
Saúde

Tony Costa

Thank you so much for the list Tony.

Hi Shridevi, are you guys still looking for a place in Sao Paulo?

Hi Shridevi, are you guys still looking for a place in Sao Paulo?

We're in June, so assume they've already found a place in São Paulo.   
Not a hard thing to do. 
The issue is never availability, rather to go through the motions of renting out a place.
Too much bureaucracy.

That's a fair assumption. However, as you certainly know, some people stay in a short-term flat while keep looking for the ideal long-term place to stay.

Cheers