Dating

Hi, I am a good looking guy, who lives here for the time being in the u.s. I have been talking to a finay,online and through Face book for over a year a and  half. She is great, has never asked for a thing.  Has anyone else had  good luck meeting someone online.? I am thinking of going to get island to meet.

Do you homework and meet her.

I am working on finding the mo at to get there.

I don't understand your storey, you single good looking hmm, you are looking for date here on expat.com ??? living in where ?? on line dating and you know her for year and some thing, then you ask if any one had luck, hmm this is new age right, we all meet people on line, or you don;t know about that, every one meets some one on line this days, pubs and bars are out, good for get together with friends.

The issue is meeting her in person. I already have met her online

Tbloom12 wrote:

I am working on finding the mo at to get there.

Go to LA and fly to Manila would be a start.  Where does she live?  You need to read up on history and customs.  Is she Roman Catholic?  Does she have cousins, aunts, uncles, brothers, sisters who went abroad?  If you get back to us with some info we can help you plan an appropriate meeting.  It doesn't hurt to have additional contacts just in case.

Thanks, she lives in suraiago,city.Its south of Manila past Davo, yes she is Catholic.  All of her family is in the Philippines.

Hi, you are not alone  :D  Just a statistic from the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO), in 2015, 1/3 of the mix spouses (Filipino/Foreign) met the first time through internet. Soon it will be half of the spouses probably. So your case is not extraordinary but normal ! Of course, on forum people will talk of the negative things not the success !

Thanks, i.just need the money to meet her.

Do your due diligence while you are waiting, check her Facebook page, etc.

You should probably have at least $5,000 saved for your first trip, because you need to get to LA, fly to Manila, then fly to her home. You will need to rent a room or stay with family, not in her house.  You need to consider your knowledge and views on Catholicism.  The family will probably expect long range plans to get married in the local church, not to be decided on your first visit, but no one wants to hear "I can't afford a wedding".  It will cost at least a thousand dollars and take over a year currently to get her a spousal visa plus the expenses of travel for her to come to the USA.  A fiance visa would get her to the USA sooner, but then the wedding would be in the USA with none of her family attending.  You might want to check on local Philippines American groups in  your area and attend some of their events to get a better feel for the whole culture.  In Pennsylvania we have several such groups, one American guy went to the Philippines last June and signed up for a spousal visa for his fiance.  She is from Mindanao, and it helped him greatly to meet a member of our group whose wife was from Mindanao and they are living in eastern PA with their child.
Good luck and please get prepared.

He hasn't even met her face to face and you are talking about marriage? WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot?

Well he things as Philippines, do it quick before they change their mines, haha
not hard to be married here, but then you kind of stuck if you don't know her as well as you may think, i think marriage is not about sex, it should be about love and care for each other, but you will find most Girls here are for money and sex, you could be lucky who knows, one in a million..

Divorce is illegal in the Philippines. I wouldn't advise people to jump into marriage.

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:

He hasn't even met her face to face and you are talking about marriage? WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot?

Just reminding him that he has to think it is a possibility for the long term plans.  Catholic family will not accept living together.  Of course he needs to take things as they come, but he needs to have the long view to understand what could or could not happen.  I know a guy who never went to meet his long distance girlfriend because of the money involved.  He has to realize he will be paying for everything.

"Catholic family will not accept living together" What century are living in, and planet are you living on?

mugtach
sorry to say when I come to Philippines they picked me up from airport and took me to their home, and I was worried a bit what will happen there, but she took me to her bed room and that is where i spend next 5 weeks, so to say Catholics not aloud to sleep and have sex before marriage is kind of wrong, but then again every thing is wrong here with Males and Females, they have kids like a Machines it is big production, so how do you think and where do you think kids are coming from ?? they move from man to Man, start one family give it up and start other family, this is norm here, you call this people Catholics?? are you kidding me, I am not Catholic and never will be, but my Mom was, and believe this is not Catholic ways here, they all portend to be but never are real Catholics. any way there is lots wrong here but that is for other day..

Sounds like it has changed a lot in that regard since 1994.  They may not really be Catholics, but they like to maintain the front.

It is like everywhere ! Some families are very traditional and will not accept that their daughter will sleep with a guy before the wedding and other will be more flexible or even do not care at all. Moreover, it will depend on the age of their daughter...

They are they are religious.  Yes they have a lot of kids, as do most Catholics.

Hii sir/mam
I am an Indian and I have a gf from Philippines and I want to marry with her how can I marry with her what documents I need to marry with her and is the age matter there for wedding.
And sir please help me for how can I convert my visa there to tourists visa for job visa.
Thank u

Have you even lived with her?

With mine I have talked with her a lot, but before u go through  all the paper work you need to spend time with her. My cousin before he brought his back spent 3 months with his.

Why get married????

If you bring her to the USA on a fiance visa you must marry her within 90 days or her stay becomes illegal.