New members of the Paraguay forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Paraguay forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Paraguay if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Simply have to apply for Permanent Residency at the local Department of Immigration (Departamento de Migraciones (www.migraciones.gov.py) .   There they will give you all the information and documents required.

Hi everybody,

All of this is quite new to us.

We (husband + 2 kids) are still living in SA but seriously considering moving to Paraguay.

Mostly looking at farming opportunities but both of us are willing to re- enter the job market again.
I was a Snr Marketing and Sales Manager at a mine and my husband is a qualified electrician and project manager.

We are now at the right time in our lives to make the move.

Any advice on opportunities or location would be greatly appreciated. Also any other advice/warnings etc.

Thanks and looking forward to your replies.

Arleen

Hi. I am not qualified to give you specific advice about Paraguay because still we dont live there. My wife is Paraguaya and I was born in England, now with Spanish nationality.

We bought an old house there in November and are in the process of doing paperwork to move there very soon. Still we are in Spain.

We are much older than you and are situation is different but we are keen to make new friends and to help wherever we can. So if there is anything specific that you want to know, especially once we are there.

Do you know the country? It is very different from Europe, thay I have discovered so far!

Good luck.
Ciao. Domi and Pedro

Hi Guys,
I'm from thr Netherlands and living currently in Spain.
Planning to live in Asuncion in a few months and need some assitence with advice about the visa procedures and the tricks around this subject.
I am a real world traveler and did already my homework about housing and cost f living.
Hope to find friends here.

I process visa/residence permit/citizenship/company forming applications in Paraguay. (I don't want to spam here my contacts, so if you need info, just search for my name)

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please don't promote your website on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello all in process of finalizing migration to Paraguay. I have been to Paraguay several times and in May filed all my papers with migration and paid my deposit into the Bank. Waiting on the outcome. Been working out of SA as an expat since 1994 so familiar with travel; foreign cultures etc. Thanks for having me on the forum and I think Paraguay and Paraguayans are great people.

Hi boerseun

with which bank did you open the account and did you have any trouble with opening the account. what paperwork did you have to submit when you opened the account and what was your final cost for all the documents and process of application for the permanent residency? this will greatly help me with my calculations.

Thanks a million

Newb

Hello I got my lawyer - he shepherded me everywhere and did the bank opening for me. His name is Jeronimo Finestra and he is on this groups also. But it was the Bank Femento - lovely building, thought I was in an old Hollywood movie as one does not see such beautifully constructed buildings inside anymore. Good luck.

Hi, my name is stanley, I m french, living in Paraguay for 3 years now. My wife mercedes is from Paraguay. We created our company here, we know how to get the id card, how to open bank account, we sell and rent houses we built ourselves, if you need anything on that topics feel free to ask I will try to answer as much as I can.

Hello Stanley, is it possible to get the ID card without a laywer?

Hi All,
I am originally from Russia but I've been living in Canada for 18 years.
I've never been to Paraguay, but recently discovered some interesting stuff about this country. 
I am considering early retirement in a few years and Paraguay is one of the countries on the radar. Ideally I would like to buy a house with a small piece of land for some personal farming/gardening. 
If some of you know, how much it would cost to rent a house like this one terrasur.com.py/es/propiedad/157-esplendida-casa-en-el-manantial-country-club.
I send an e-mail to the agency in English, but so far have not get any reply.
Thanks
Eugene

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830255

Thanks!

Closed