New member ppablo8 (Paul Cowan)from Ohio--retired coach and teacher.

I am looking forward to visiting your country (Paraguay) for a few months and tangent off and back to visit other countries while there.  I am going to live somewhere and it may be Para.  I'm looking forward to coming to S> America.  I've taught school in Honduras and Nicaragua already and lived in La Ceiba Honduras for 2 years.  Travelled to Costa Rico, Belize Guatemala, Nica., and Honduras.  I know it will be fun.  I was a "swabby (airdale) and spent 4 years in Naval aviation as an Air Controlman and also in a flight crew.  Honourably discharged and on to college and also drove tractor-trailers in several places too.

Cordially yours,

Paul Copwan

Ppablo8, Welcome!

I was in the US navy and graduated from air traffic control school; both VFR & ground controlled approach.  At my next duty station, instead of temporarily assigned to work in the galley, I was temporarily assigned to the Seabees (construction).  And I never escaped.  Even though I had the licenses to land aircraft.  I never worked in that capacity.  Now my licenses are all expired.  I don't remember much about it, anyway.

I got my visa to Paraguay.  But I haven't bought a ticket yet.

When do you think you will be going to Paraguay?

I'm going on a tourist visa.  I am looking for economic opportunity where I can be a part of a country going forward and not backward.  If Paraguay looks good, I'll look into changing my visa.

Why did you chose Paraguay over,...., say Brazil?

I hope to see some posts from you.

I just got my new computer up and running.  I shall be posting very soon now.  I plan on coming to ParAGUAY AFTER i SPEND 1-2 MONTHS IN azx, THEN 1 MONTH IN hONDURAs, NICARAGUA, AND cOSTA rICO.  Oops, caps on.  I hope to be there in july and/or August.