I am thinking of migrating to Paraguay.

I am thinking of migrating to Paraguay along with my family ,myself i am a bank manager,we are living in UAE since 2006, I am indian national , my three kids are under 18 age and they  are holding indian passports, however my wife is holding Pakistani passport , we usually travel around the world and some time  it is difficult to get the visas with different rules for  different passports , after doing the initial  study on Internet I found paraguay is the best and easy place to settle .I need your help , suggestions , I am totally new here , please share with me your feedback ? Is it possible to migrate along with kids , I read somewhere kids under 18 can't be granted paraguay citizenship.i need A-Z information, investment , costs , procedure, documents etc.
Eagerly awaiting for your responses.

[Moderated: No free ad]

First of all, I would recommend that you go back and read all the previous posts on this site for lets say the last few years, as they will answer all your questions you've stated and some you will probably have shortly.   I don't mean read each post, just those with subject lines like "immigrating to Paraguay"  "getting residency in Paraguay", etc… I know this is the "lazy" way to answer your questions, but realistically the answers to how to get residency, citizenship and related topics do not change much for Paraguay so these past answers are still valid today for the most part. 

Some quick overview information for you is that the first step to living in Paraguay as a foreigner is to get your residency, usually a process that takes 6 months to a year to be completed.  You start by getting a temporary visa (good for 90 days) and bringing with you all the documentation needed to process your residency application.  Once you receive your residency you "HAVE TO WAIT 3 YEARS" to be eligible to apply for citizenship.   I mention this as there has been a few cases recently of criminals advertising they can get you Paraguayan citizenship on an expedited basis for many thousands of dollars.  These people are in prison now.   

But the overall process applies to you, your spouse and your kids.   Keep in mind Paraguay does not recognize "dual citizenship" so legally you have to give up another countries citizenship and passports if you become Paraguayan.  Realistically though this requirement is universally ignored as the Paraguayan government doesn't enforce it.   Besides the posts on this site, I would highly recommend you go to any Paraguayan Embassy web site from a country your familiar with.  As you obviously speak/read/write English I would recommend going to the Paraguayan Embassy in Canada's web site.  They lay out the current process on immigration in much detail.  It's not very complicated nor difficult process, just takes some attention to detail and a lot of running around in Asuncion.   And for the record you DO NOT need a lawyer to complete this process.  It is possible to do the process by yourself if you can use passable Spanish, are patient and don't mind running around to numerous government buildings and spending a lot of time waiting in line and being a bit frustrated.  Many people don't want to deal with this so simply hire a lawyer.  Most recently the going rate charged is around $750 - $3,000 a person depending on the lawyer you choose.   

I will tell you that you may have a problem due to your wife's citizenship.  This is due to Paraguay putting a hold on granting residency to passport holders of countries they consider "hotbeds" of terror.  And Pakistan is one of these.   This information came from a lawyer who deals with immigration cases here and I've seen various posts on this site and others commenting on this too.   Of course this policy could change at any time or the countries on the list could change too, so it would be best to deal with a lawyer dealing with immigration to get the most up to date information regarding this.

Good luck on your quest!

Thanks very much majbjb for such a detailed information.I will appreciate if you can suggest me any lawyer ,so that I can discuss my case with him in much better way .

I don't have his contact info handy right now but his name and number has been posted on this site recently.  Ariel Santander is one we used and other's have also used.  The other ones whose names have appeared on this site are either out of business or are not responding to people anymore (Jeronimo Finestra).   You can find Ariel's contact info on previous posts or if you have access to Facebook you can contact him via his Facebook page, under his name.   I'm sure there are others, some may contact you.  Keep in mind that you don't need a lawyer necessarily and that there are many non-lawyers who make a business out of helping people get their residency.  These folks are (or should be) cheaper than a lawyer.  But you have to be careful and never, ever pay for anything up front.  Only pay someone in person when you get here and go with them to process your paperwork.  There are more criminals looking to take your money than there are actual lawyers or helpers wanting to do business with you.   Good luck!