Food, suburbs, and security in Asunción

I am wondering a couple of things. One can answer any or all of them.

One, at home I eat a lot of frozen foods which I just heat up in a pan. I don't like cooking much. I get a brand that sells at the health food store. I am wondering if they have this in the supermarkets in Asunción? Any other comments about food I would be interested to hear also. The only meat I eat is chicken and turkey.

Second, I would be interested in staying in the suburbs, not the city center. I have heard of a few suburbs like Carmelitas, Villa Mora, and Herrera. I would like to know what these suburbs are like and if they have a lot of food establishments to buy food. I think there was a mall in one or more of the suburbs.

Third, I heard that people with houses get security. I am wondering if this is an issue.

Thanks.

villa mora and carmelitas have little security at night time, they say these are good areas but i didnt think so

@Goodknight... one of supermarkets is http://www.stock.com.py
i find a lot of interesting things  :)  and for me, this is cheap  :top:

Cool, thanks

Food...Not had any trouble obtaining groceries if you are willing to scour across the better shops such as Hyper Seiss..Casa Rica, Real Villa Mora.

Our place is inSan Cristobal which is sort of mid position of the barrios you mention...my own experience has been of no violence..no burglaries in 6 years of ownership. Leafy middle class..Paraguyan style.

Not at all sure what Jaredhen is referring to?
Carmelitas and Villa Mora both Top Drawer!

Thanks for the useful information.

Crime is more of a problem in big cities in the US than in Paraguay.   Bad news though, your not going to find any turkey down here, although I may be wrong and maybe some little "boutique"  food store has them or some farmer somewhere is raising them and you can get them.   Otherwise if you stick to Asuncion you'll find all the junk food and processed food you can stuff in a shopping cart.

Thank you.