New members of the Papua New Guinea forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Papua New Guinea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Papua New Guinea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi
My husband got a job offer in Papua New Guimea. We are both very excited and unsure at the same time. We don't know much about PNG. We have two teenage kids. Will they be okay there? Can I continue with homeschooling? Will they be happy and be able to make friends? Will they have things to do to keep themselves busy? Sorry. I know it's a lot of questions....
Regards
Jols

Hi All

I am loving Lae, peace of mind, nice humble people, tropical fruits and veges with chipping sound of birds.

Great experience!!!

Thanks
Lynnet

Hi all,I'm keagan mudisha from zambia, looking for a job in mining and metal industry, am currently working with barrick gold corporation lumwana,zambia.

Jols_e wrote:

Hi
My husband got a job offer in Papua New Guimea. We are both very excited and unsure at the same time. We don't know much about PNG. We have two teenage kids. Will they be okay there? Can I continue with homeschooling? Will they be happy and be able to make friends? Will they have things to do to keep themselves busy? Sorry. I know it's a lot of questions....
Regards
Jols

Jols--
We moved to Port Moresby a year ago and are originally from Houston, Texas USA.  Although our four teenage sons attend boarding secondary school in Cairns at St. Augustine's College, I can put you in contact with a family living here in Port Moresby that home school their children.  They would be able to answer your questions regarding friends and activities for your teenagers.  Our four teenage boys are enjoying boarding school in Cairns.

Hello everyone! Just joined the forum. Need some help from you guys working for quite some time there in PNG. You see, I got a job offer to work as a duty manager in a boutique hotel in Wewak. I am being offered a gross annual salary of 55K, with free accommodation, transportation, and meals. My questions are, how much is the income tax for that and how safe is it to work in Wewak? Thanks for any replies.

Hi and welcome to the forum

I suggest you read through the posts on this section of the forum for the information.
Wewak is a lovely place.

Hi All, I am Minhaj Ali Mirza Indian origin and 3rd generation in dubai. I am now in PNG and based in kokopo , Rabaul. It's a beautiful little, cozy town and I am  in love with the nature......Rabaul best place to be.... :heart: Let me know if anyone making down to Rabaul will meet up and are welcome to visit our home.....Ehlan  wa Sahlan( Welcome in Arabic .....)

good morning to all members in this forum !

i am a new comer in this group site. I would like to know more on the culture, lifestyle, security, taxes, housing on papua new guinea.

i have been to abroad for a number of years. i worked in guam, usa and in kingdom of saudi arabia. my  employment is a senior management position in the field of warehouse, logistics and distribution.

i am waiting for my job interview at seeto kui, as the employer for png. i checked their website; however, i would like to hear from you, guys about this company, and likewise the culture, the do's & don'ts in png. if the employer offers a considerable enough amount of salary package, then i will sign the contract, however, prior to my going there, please inform me thru my queries concerning the country of papua new guinea.

i'd love to hear from you, guys !!!  thank you....

from marikina city, philippines

Hi all,

I just moved in to Port Moresby by the beginning of June. I am hoping I can stay here for the next 2 or 3 years. I am happy to join this forum, and I would like to hear from you about your experience in Port Moresby or PNG in general.

Dear Ali, I am plan to move mount hagen can you tell me about the safety of the city. How we can survive there. Is there any crime persist now.

Can any one help me to know more about mount hagen for safety. How safety is that area. How we can prevent from crime. Pls help me to get all the details about the place

Hello,
Plan to come to PNG POM as expat, could anybody help and advise how safe is there and how hot is there, do I need to take my sneakers , rain coat probably something else nesessary
thnks!

Hi
May I know what are the educational documents I have to submit at PNG immigration for job visa

Good day
No I am not an expat jet my husband got a job opportunity to work for an Australian company in Lae PNG. So I need to know more.
What is it like to live in PNG and are there any homschoolers there.
How dangerous is it.

Hi;

I am Spnish and will be moving to PNG at the end of this week. I will be staying at Mile 8 area as I am told so would like to know if there are any gyms around the area and also swimming pools to do laps. Thanks and hope to get in touch with you guys when I am there.

Jordi

Thanks Julien,

Yes, I am new to the forum!  Still trying to work my way around it.

My business partner ( she is Japanese) and I are just waiting for our work visa's to be issued.  We are currently in Australia, and will be moving to Port Moresby.  We have just registered our new Company and will be working from Port Moresby.

We have been going and coming on tourist visa's. So far we have been 3 times.  My business partner is Japanese and she gets a 2 month visa on arrival, and I only get 1 month?! I dont get it!

Any way I happy to have found the forum and will be asking lots of questions, before we move there before Xmas!

Any tips are most welcome!

PNG taxation chart is available online, you can check with that. But cost of living in PNG is too higher than anywhere else i have seen.

Hi everyone.

I have been working in PNG for more than 1 year and new to the forum.

Thanks and hope to get in touch with you guys.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread: https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=830253

Thanks!

Closed