New members of the Papua New Guinea forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Papua New Guinea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Papua New Guinea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,
This is Aamir, i just joing Pacific International Hospital, as Consultant Physician & head of ICU.

A bit nervous about it, but so far this place has treated me well.

With your medical for your visa is there special doctor or can you use your own doctor

Appreciate the opportuniy Julien, Merci !

GOLD GOLD GOLD
Both Ian and I are 50 and 67 and anticipatie to have an adventurous initial trip to visit PNG in particular the Sepik area to ascertain the possibility of finding gold.
Ghana, Indonesia and in particular Australia for nearly 30 years gives us enough experience.
The aim is not to just find and try to be rich, just as much passing over our knowledge and building long term relationships, an adventure!
In any new country to be we will have our hiccups in order to adjust.

Would love to read stories, bad and good ones from persons who have bravely ventured in a similar field in PNG.
Comments re workvisa, landowner contracts, local salaries, security and great places to be are very much appreciated...

Hello there guys! I came here in PNG last May 1. Its just like Philippines working. People here are warm. Taste different food too. I am in a Korean company. Soon will gonna open a restaurant, pokies and bar here in Town, Port Moresby...Hope to meet you all here guys!  God bless all!

Hi, I am a filipina CPA. I was contacted by a manpower agency bound to PNG. Is it safe there? How about the cost of living? Usual pay of an Accountant?

Hope you will be very successful in your venture and that all feels safe ! When will pokies be open and where is it going to be in town?
Anton n Ian

I'm an electronics technician with experience in computer networks. I saw an ad for Electronics Repair Manager for Lae so I'm studying the posts by expats to get a feel for what life is like there in PNG.

Thanks to everyone for sharing/updating the info on this site.

Hello Mac, are you looking for work? For how many years will it be and what sort of work are you looking for? Where?
Anton

hela province papua new guinea? i got job in PNG LNG (OIL AND GAS)

Hi,

Simberi, New Ireland Province. PNG. Got a job in the mining industry. Simberi Gold Mine.
My second time in PNG.

Thanks for the membership.

Hi All,

Need Advices from experts ....

I got the work permit from my company in Papua New Guinea, below msg i got from my company HR...

"We need to get your VARN approval before we can proceed to visa stamping at new delhi"

"As we get ur VARN approval, u need to send all ur orig docs to UDAAN,  our agent at new delhi for visa stamping"

Just I want to know , what are the documents required to get Visa stamping?? Is this mandatory requirement for all Indians who is moving to PNG?

Waiting for your valuable advices..

Best Regards,

David Samkumar

Thank you so much for the warm welcome!

Good Day Friend,

Your Visa Approval has to be sent from PNGICSA, Port Moresby to the PNG Consulate in Delhi.  You will need to present your passport and copies of your Application and VARN Receipt from your hiring Employer in PNG.

After your Visa approval is sent (emailed to mission) you will be advised by your hiring Company to call into mission and have your visa issued on your passport.

Consulate has it timing for visa processing and fees if applicable.

Thanks,

Hello Everyone

I am from Nepal. I need suggestions regarding work in Papua New Guinea. Is it possible to work in PNG with Valid work permit for Nepalese citizens.

Hoping to hear soon.

Thank you

Hi!

I am looking for an answer with legit answer. I would highly appreciate  if someone could help me here. I have a job offer in Papua New Guinea as a healthcare staff . I have to submit documents for the working visa application in PNG. Radiological report and med cert is part of the requirement. My problem is I have a lung scar. NO history of lung infectious disease though and i have a fit to work clearance from a pulmonologist last 2017. My plan is to compare my chest Xray copy from 2017 to current year xray and seek for another Pulmo advice for fit to work clearance again. My main concern here is before i start to process my application, I wanna know if Papua is very strict to give working visa with lung scar like Middle east? though, I have fit to work form my pulmo back in 2017, im not sure if it will be accepted by PNG to release working visa for me. I know PNG is not part of GAMCA, but i still wanna make sure. If anyone there could help me with same case, Please.
Thank you so much.

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=880507

Thanks!

Closed