New members of the Papua New Guinea forum, introduce yourselves here - 2019

Hi all,

Newbie on the Papua New Guinea forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country,
or to tell us more on your expat projects in Papua New Guinea if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hi,
This is Aamir, i just joing Pacific International Hospital, as Consultant Physician & head of ICU.

A bit nervous about it, but so far this place has treated me well.

With your medical for your visa is there special doctor or can you use your own doctor

Appreciate the opportuniy Julien, Merci !

GOLD GOLD GOLD
Both Ian and I are 50 and 67 and anticipatie to have an adventurous initial trip to visit PNG in particular the Sepik area to ascertain the possibility of finding gold.
Ghana, Indonesia and in particular Australia for nearly 30 years gives us enough experience.
The aim is not to just find and try to be rich, just as much passing over our knowledge and building long term relationships, an adventure!
In any new country to be we will have our hiccups in order to adjust.

Would love to read stories, bad and good ones from persons who have bravely ventured in a similar field in PNG.
Comments re workvisa, landowner contracts, local salaries, security and great places to be are very much appreciated...

Hello there guys! I came here in PNG last May 1. Its just like Philippines working. People here are warm. Taste different food too. I am in a Korean company. Soon will gonna open a restaurant, pokies and bar here in Town, Port Moresby...Hope to meet you all here guys!  God bless all!

Hi, I am a filipina CPA. I was contacted by a manpower agency bound to PNG. Is it safe there? How about the cost of living? Usual pay of an Accountant?

Hope you will be very successful in your venture and that all feels safe ! When will pokies be open and where is it going to be in town?
Anton n Ian