Movong to PNG - POM

Hi

i got a offer form PNG audit firm around AU$ 90,000, please someone help me about the cost of living in PNG and i'm planning to move with my family (wife and two kids - one 5 yeas and other 3 months) Also my company pay for International schools fees,apartment,company car with fuel,air ticket for my family (every year), club memebership and family medical.

Please advice me about cost of living, education,medical facilities and security. Also aboue salary come under the pay scale for expact working in audit firm.

Regards

sanda

Cost of living is comparable to Australia - so more expensive than moist of Asia. Eating out in reasonable restaurants costs between 50 and 100 kina per person - about $20 to $40 US.
The biggest thing is finding something to do - especially for your partner. i would recommend you buy her a car - a she will go crazy if she does not have something to do...
Security - be sensible and you'll be OK - don't get slack about it - and keep your radar on and you'll be fine.

Thanks

Jaldeep for the information.

Regards,

Sanda

Jst check out tax rate???  i think tax will also a big factor that would effect ur decision? Good Lck

i think u will be fine on that wage.  even with the family. to be honest POM hasnt got a lot to do with in the first place. seriously if you are considering a move to png it has to be for the work. i say this cos i know that most expats have no idea what to expect. there is no cinema in POM, no Mcdoanlds, no KFC, no decent supermarkets, its really expensive.... you go to work in POM. there is nothing else to do..