Close

New members of the Italy forum, introduce yourselves here - 2018

Hi all,

Newbie on the Italy forum? Don’t know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in Italy if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

Hello all, thank you Julien
I am currently living in China. I will be moving to Italy soon. I am a South African and recently married an Italian. If anyone has an suggestions about the process of getting a residence card, etc.... please advise. All help is appreciated. Thank you Roz

As your husband is Italian you are entitled to live with him in Italy. The embassy or the consulate in China will issue a visa. Once you are here you can apply for PdS and get residency.
Ciao
Janin

Hi there...I am not new to the site per say....I joined about a year ago.  I have already posted my story about how my husband and I retired early to move to Italy...our dream. Unfortunately our dream did not come true because of the consulate in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.  We were denied visas 3 times in two weeks. The last denial was 5 days before we were leaving to start out new life.  The thing that hurts most is that the Italian Consulate here in Pittsburgh looked at our paperwork...signed off on it and told us we were fine!!!  Just yesterday I sent an email to the consulate in Philadelphia ( I have done this once a month for the last year with no replies back) asking what is the required dollar amount they are looking for in bank accounts. I got a reply from the same person that denied us.  His reply...$100,000.00.  Well that cannot be true as we had more than that and pensions and additional income.  This situation has truly ruined out lives.

I have been reading through these posts recently and I see soooooo many people moving to Italy....however none of them are Americans!!  What is it?? What is the problem??  We had already put a down payment on a home.  We had health insurance.   We had bought a car.  We had done everything correctly and followed all the rules.  Yet on here....people from all over the world seem to be able to move to Italy rather easily.  I wish someone could give us some help...or some advice...or an answer to how we would ever be able to full fill our dream!!!

Hi,

I'm originally from Spain and I just arrived to Ravenna last week to work here for some time.

I hope I can take advantage of my time here to learn Italian, meet new people and travel a little bit around this area.

BR

Hi all! My name is Anastasia, I'm Russian. I just moved to Italy about a week ago and plan to settle down here for few years probably. I study Tibetan Buddhism in Istituto Lama Tzong Khapa in Pomaia, Toscana and occasionally teach Tibetan language.

hi my name is Jonathan i'm living in London and planning on moving on over to Turin as my partner and son have moved there as she has just gotten a job there and she is from Turin i am still in search for a job so if anyone can help please let me know and i can send my CV over as well as answer any questions they may have

Hi,  🙂 I'm from Philippines.. currently living here in Italy for more than a year now. When it comes to food I'm having a hard time finding some ingredients that i need.😄

hi, Once you are here in Italy you need to go in "questura" where your husband city is... they will give you the lists of the requirements you need to submit and after a month they will give you "permiso di soggiorno" or permit to stay. it is valid for a year or 5 years.🙂

Hi guys, My name is Anna, I'm Polish-American but generally pretty international since I love to travel.
I wanted to make some changes in my life and - to my surprise - instead of Iceland I've landed in... Italy-land:). The destiny walks own paths, right?:)
I'm here for 5 months now, live near Monza (Milan), learn the language and the culture, and look for the job.
Thanks for all the tips and help on this site; really usefull informations; good job!
I see that the "weekly aperitivo" is unfortunatelly dead for some time... too bed. But maybe we pass one another anyway:)

Welcome Anna.
I think Milano is a good place for your interests and work hunting.
Let us know how it goes.
All the best.
Janin

Hi to everyone me my family arrived in   Italy about a year ago from the UK , we live in iseo and absolutely loving it , my wife is a English teacher and has recently started working here , she said it's the best move we ever did , both my  late parents were  italian so for me to apply for residency was straight forward but unfortunately because i was divorced over 20 years ago in the UK my divorce was never registered with the italian consulate back in England so under the italian law am still married to my ex wife , am in the process of getting my divorce registered now but it's taking for ever , about a year now and still no nearer , hopefully it won't be to long , if anyone lives near by we love to meet up with you , we have to children age 3 and 4 ciao for now