I WOULD LIKE TO MOVE TO ITALY ONE SWEET DAY...!

CAN ANYONE TELLL ME MORE ABOUT ITALY; THE FOOD, ENVIRONMENT IN GENERAL,ANYTHING I NEED TO KNOW BEFORE GOING THERE

Hi and welcome on board dolle!

I guess there is so much to say about Italy.
I would suggest you to ask more specific questions so that members can help.
Could you please avoid using caps lock when posting on the forum as well?

Regards
Armand

oh Armand,thanx for the correction. I would love to know more about simply things in Italy,like i said,any general information;whether its friendly or i have to be armed every time i am out in streets,any good places to visit,anything to bring to my attention.

Hi Dolle !

Italians are very friendly, you're welcome. Thinking of moving here I would take into account the fact that we are probably going to experience tough times. As you have probably heard we have a severe economic recession. Hence it will be difficult to find a job.

My personal advice is to move to a historic city in north Italy where your mastery of the English language can be very valuable. My favorite town is Venice. Wonderful, romantic, unique in the world, no crime at all, many people speaking your language and many expats from all over the world. That's the con: Venice is very expensive.

ciao
Paolo

Mystique Venice: youtube.com/watch?v=GMZwLCwh2lg

Where are you moving to ?

I live in Milan which is great.Everything is there including restaurants,good value appts.shops ,places to see etc.

Taxis are expensive trains are cheap.Food can be cheap if you avoid expensive restaurants.

People are friendly.

If you haven t got a job - could be hard without the language.

Mike