Asking about work-permit with improper cancelling student visa?

Hi All,

I really need your help and suggestion from you guys. I'm currently holding student visa and I just got the offer from the company. Unfortunately, I can't wait for a month to cancel my student visa due to I already booked the ticket back to my home country because I have to fly abroad in the beginning of Feb. So, my college just told me to send exit stamp, first page of my passport and student visa via email. Then, they will make a letter to immigration. They also said like it's just a prove that you left the country but they're really not sure that I will get any troubles during making working visa or not.

My question is "will I get any troubles about work permit if I cancel student visa improper way?"

Thank you so much. I would appreciate if you could help me to find out this solution. Thanks in advance.

More of a problem is whether immigration will approve an EP as you have just been a student in Malaysia. Normally the policy is they will not.

The reason that will be given is a) there are local Malaysians who can be recruited and/or b) 2 years relevant (to degree or to job content) experience is required

The application to ESD will drag on and on, if the company needs to prove no local candidates applied to the advert or even readvertise. I suspect your student visa will have expired during this time anyway.

But yes, the company that is applying to ESD will need the exit stamp to even submit the EP application - and as for all recruitments, the prospective employee has to be outside Malaysia during the Stage 1 process.

So don't hold your breath - because at least 3 months are going to go by while the company makes an appeal, even if immigration decide to approve an EP for you (which is highly unlikely).

This other thread may be of interest because it deals with a similar situation to your own.

Perhaps the person involved can advise you what eventually happened and whether they got approval.

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=735779

Just in case, if I cancel my student visa in proper way. Is it easier to make working visa or it's the same as you said before?

By the way, my student visa is going to expire on 14th March 2018.

Another way to cancel it properly is I have to fly back to Malaysia once I come back from abroad which is after 13th Feb 2018 and takes 2 weeks or more on process of cancellation.

In your suggestion, what do you think which way is better? Or if the result is almost the same anyways, then I will just take a risk on first choice which is improper cancellation. Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't waste time and money - it wont make any difference as the SV is so near the end. So stay outside Malaysia as planned. Provide your exit stamp etc. to the employer making the application.

Thank you for your suggestion. It's really helpful for me. 😊

One more question that I wonder quite long already. My friend told me that if you don't cancel visa or cancel visa improper way, you won't be able to come to Malaysia around 6 months or can't do any visa for study, is that true? And also working visa?

Hi,

May I know how it was went ? because i might work there in the same case of you. Thanks!

@Michaela Ivana Lim Hello and welcome !

Please note that you are participating on an old thread. All of the members are inactive.

regards

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed