EP Pass Approved; What are the chances of DP

Hello Dears;

I am new to this area.
I am from India and have been working in an MNC from past 2 Years and now due to company requirements, they want me to relocate to their Singapore office.

Employer has applied for my EP Pass on 3rd January. I just saw thru Mom Website's Online tool that My EP application is appearing "Approved". Does it mean, everything is cleared and I need not to worry about my EP pass?

Secondly, they told me that once my EP is In-principally approved, they will file the DP application for my wife. (She is also an Indian and holds Master's Degree).
What are the chances of DP application approval? Do you think it may get rejected?

My fixed salary would be SGD 6,052. Which is just above the mark of minimum requirement of DP. Do you think that salary could be a constraint to get DP pass issued for my wife?

Also how much does it take to get DP approval status after application?

Many thanks in advance for all your support.

Regards
Daljeet Singh

If the online status says "approved", it is approved.
You will receive an IPA (In-Principle Approval) letter, which you can use to enter Singapore. The actual EP will be issued by MoM after your arrival.
I see no reason why your wife's DP should be rejected. Her degree does not feature in this, because a DP does not allow her to work.

Dear Sir , 

I am from Punjab India . I am trying to get S Pass Singapore from last year . All I need is an Employer who can help me I you know someone who can offer a job for me please let me know . I belong to a poor family . Visa consultants in Chandigarh demands 300000 Rupees approx for a job offer . I have done my graduation B.Com in 2015  .

You should not pay for a job offer!
That is illegal by Singapore law and basically all those agents are crooks and want your money only.
You need to apply directly for jobs at suitable Singapore companies in your industry.
This forum and other Internet sources contain lots of discussions on how to do this. Read and follow the advice!

Dear Sir ,

I have tried everywhere .I didnt get any employer . I forwarded my resume everywhere but hardly i get reply please help me i will prove myself with my skills

If your applications look like your messages here ("Please, please give me a job. I am poor and need money but I can do anything!") this will not work, as the labour market is not a charity.
Instead of asking what they can do for you, you need to show employers what you can and will achieve for them. And it must be worth more than your salary, because they want to make a profit and nothing else.

You have messaged me using private message, already replied you. It would be wise to look out jobs in Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) or Knowledge Processing Outsourcing (KPO) industry where plenty of people earn good salary in India. With commerce background, you may get an entry job there. Don't think outside world is always great. With your educational background and experience, you can only get a very lower salaried job where you can only work for survival here as it's a costly place. Secondly, don't pay money to those agents as you only regret after that, as repay to the lender would give more trouble to your parents. As Beppi said, they only know to get profit and do exploitation. Good luck

Oh, you sent PM to Surya too? And how many others?
In Singlish (Singapore English) this is called "kiasu". You'll fit right in here - but not in the positive sense!

I message people  with an hope  someone will help me out .  Hope I will found someone who can arrange an employer from me . You all people are saying in singapore fresh graduate earn 3000$ but  I didn't meet such any employer .   You all people are well settle in singapore that is the reason why i expect something from your Sir . I know I am bothering you annoying you but seriously from heart i respect you , you  all  reply me

You don't seem to understand how the job market works (I believe it's the same in india, too):
NOBODY will arrange an employer for you - and those who say they would are only cheaters and want your money. So stop looking for that!
Instead, you need to find suitable employers BY YOURSELF and CONVINCE them that hiring you is a good thing FOR THEM.

And as for salary, S$3600 is the market rate for fresh graduates and also the minimum you could get a work visa at - the government will not allow foreigners to come at lower rates and distort the pay structure for locals.
Because Singapore is really expensive, you also need a lot to live here. Do not expect to save a lot on such a fresh graduate salary!

We can and will only give you advice on how to achieve your dream, nothing more and nothing less.

To add further, companies in Singapore don't hire fresh graduates from other countries except who look exceptionally talented students from premier institutions abroad (e.g. In India, students passing out from IITs, IIMs, IISc etc). So, when you see someone says $3000 for fresh graduates, it means local fresh graduates (Singaporean or Permanent Residents or foreign students who are studying in TOP institutions in Singapore). I have already suggested you that look into jobs in BPO and KPO industries in India, rather thinking of paying INR 300,000 to any agent then regret whole life. It's upto you how you take our suggestions. Good luck

i respect you Sir . thank you for your suggestion one thing is very much clear that i am not going to spend a single rupee to any consultant or job agency . i am clear now that life would be very hard if i work under 2000$ in singapore . i am going to create my impressive cv  ,  i will work on my communication skills , i will work on my strength then i will forward to several employers if 3  4 employers get interested then i will visit to singapore on a tourist visa . i will be there to attend interviews , my luck would be tried

Good luck with your endeavors!

thanks a lot, Beppi

Just to update, DP pass for my wife is also approved.

MOM has been quite fast:
My EP application made on 3rd January and approved on 15th Jan.
DP application made on 18th Jan and approved on 19th Jan.

Its time to pack the bags.

would like to ask, if anyone can guide on accommodation.
First month would be arranged by Company and later will have to find at my own.

My budget for rent would be less than SGD 2,000 and I am ok with either 1 BHK or 2BHK

My office is in Marina Bay Financial Center.

Not sure, if this is the right forum to ask all this? Please guide me to post to relevant forum.

thanks Again.

Congratulations! After many bad news and processing time records, it is good to hear that sometimes MoM still works fast and efficient. It seems you are the desirable type (for Singapore).
Accommodation issues can of course also be discussed on this forum - and there are also quite a lot of threads present, which you may want to read (the keyword search function might be useful).
There are very few 1-bedroom apartments in Singapore - and those few cost more than 2- or 3-bedders. Your low budget allows only HDB flats (government housing) in the suburbs, far from your workplace (which is very central) - more luxurious private properties (a.k.a. Condos) and central locations cost more. Public transport (buses or MRT) will bring you to work (gothere.sg can tell you how long this takes), but might be crowded in peak hours.
You can look for suitable "for rent" listings online, and/or engage an agent (for a fee). But first make a list of what exactly you are looking for, as well as where you'd be willing to compromise. If you are new to Singapore, you need to visit a number of places just to figure out what is available - and then adjust your expectations accordingly.

Congrats for your EP and family's DP approval. Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) is in Rafles place (Financial district of Singapore). The new line Dow Town line (blue line) is well connected to all over the city. Metro station Down Town is in MBFC building. With your budget $2000 or lower, you may get HDB 2 BHK (here we call it 2+1 unit). You will not find 1 bhk (1+1 unit, very rare you will get and these units are very old). I would suggest first come and then search house as it won't take more than 2 weeks, at worst case a month. Welcome to Singapore.

You can search for a house at https://www.99.co/. I found this site very helpful in shortlisting house. Note I have no vested interest in posting this.

Hi Daljeet,

Welcome to Singapore.

Ideally you should have already received a DP by now, typically it takes 15 days for MOM to process the DP application from the date of submission. And yes, it doesn't really matter by how much SGD your salary exceeds the criterion, as long as one earns a fixed salary of SGD6,000 the DP is issued.

Enjoy your time on this fantastic Red Dot!

Hello

My company has applied EP on 22nd of April through an agency, I was not given any application number so far. I tried to find the status of my application using my passport number the page still shows NO RECORDS, when contacted the agency they told me FIN not yet generated.

My question is how much time it takes to generate a FIN No.

FYI i was contacted by the agency to submit my old certificate on MOM's demand which I did same day.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Thanks n Regards
Saurabh

The FIN is usually issued (and the application visible online) within a week after submission.
Currently, MoM seems to be overworked and therefore slower.