Tet in Vung Tau

If I'm going from HCM to Vung Tau over the Tet period, when would be the best time to go?

When I say best time to go I mean when it is at it's most quiet, I'm talking a ghost town Casper would be proud of.

I'm thinking of going the the Sunday before Tet and then getting back to HCM on New Year's Eve.

Discuss

1312j wrote:

If I'm going from HCM to Vung Tau over the Tet period, when would be the best time to go?

When I say best time to go I mean when it is at it's most quiet, I'm talking a ghost town Casper would be proud of.

I'm thinking of going the the Sunday before Tet and then getting back to HCM on New Year's Eve.

Discuss

It looks like you made the right choice. However, please note that it could be crowded when you get back on NYs Eve because people are still leaving Saigon for their hometowns at the last minutes.

I think that you should get back HCM on morning 14th Feb. If u get back later in the evening, you can have a traffic jam. Bcz, there are many people go from SG to their hometowns (Vung Tau, Binh Duong, Dalat, ....)

It seems to me that Vung Tau is usually busiest during the remaining holidays after the New Year. AFAIK, during the three days of Tet, virtually all VNese are in their hometowns doing traditional things with their extended family members.

These three days when many businesses and restaurants are closed are the most quiet in the cities.