Heading to Chiang Mai

Hi all,

I will be arriving in Chiang Mai in the middle of March 2018 to gather as much information as I can about the area in general and accommodation in particular.  My plan is to sell up in Australia and move to Thailand and Chiang Mai rates highly on my short list. Desirably I would like to catch up with some locals while I'm there.

Cheers,

Bobdog (Lee)

Check out the Chiang Mai Expat Club

You might want to delay your trip for two weeks. March is kind of the peak season for the smoke.

The expat club has a breakfast on the first and third Friday of the month, at the River Market Restaurant. The club has a web site. You might also want to look up Chiang Mai Christian Community Church or CCCC.org. They have different resources in term's of educating people about living in Chiang Mai.

Thank you, I'll check it out

In a contrarian way of thinking, March might be a great time to visit if you are really serious about living in the North.  If you can handle the heat and smoke of March and April, then you will find the rest of the year a breeze.

Thanks Bill,

Appreciate your advice re timing, I'm kind of locked in to that timing compliments of work commitments but will be there for 6 nights and am sure I won't leave empty handed.

Cheers, Lee

Thanx VF,

Climate was indeed a factor in choosing March, over the years I've spent time in the South on the coast around the Phuket, Samui and Hua Hin areas. Appreciate your comments.

Lee