Transfer RM100k from Vietnam to Malaysia

Hi all, I am a Vienamese and I have bought a house in KL recently and it require me to pay RM100k as downpayment. My money is still in Vietnam, can u all suggest how can I transfer the money in a safe way from Vietnam to Malaysia? Anyone experience this before? Can use bank draft, traveller cheque or TT transfer and how to do it? Thanks.

I'd do it by Telegraphic Transfer. Just ask your bank in Malaysia for the swift code.

If you are required to deposit it do so through your solicitor, as that should be safe enough and TRACEABLE through the Client Account they must have for your business with them.

Don't transfer money to anyone else though (e.g. estate agent) - just your legal representation. They can then make the disbursement for you and advise you accordingly.

You shouldn't perhaps even be asking this question as your solicitor should be advising you on all aspects.

There are fixed fees for how much legal expenses are payable when purchasing a house. So just choose the most reputable possible firm to do the transaction for you - do not use one suggested by the seller or estate agent.

Be very vigilent please.

I am also concerned about transferring 2 minths advanced rent and utilities deposit transaction direct to a rental agent for an apartment I found. Would you advise doing so through a legal representative and if so is there a reputable listing of legal advisors in KL you could signpost?

Thanks as always!

Hollymac, actually you can ask to transfer money to the agency rather than the personal account of the agent, it will be more safe. But make sure the agency is the reputable agency.

Thank you very much for your advice