Prepaid Cellphone Cards

Hello,

Im visiting Bangkok for a week and looking to buy a prepaid cellphone card.

What service should I buy?
Which is better to call international?
Have any idea about the prices?
Do you have blackberry service?

Thanks!

Hi zino!

I hope other members will be able to give you some useful advices soon ;)

Regards
Armand

AIS and Dtac mobile phone companies have good network coverage and blackberry service.  Do understand there is no 3G network in Thailand.  You can call, send sms using those mobile phone companies.  Perhaps you may wish to go to Siam Paragon as there is Dtac and AIS office there whereby you can get your prepaid sim and phone number there.

Thank you Jcshine!

I have just checked the AIS and DTAC websites. I just have a question that I hope you might answer.

The (1-2 call) prepaid cards, after you purchase the card you add the Blackberry Service?

Do you know if its the same for BTAC?

Thanks!

Sorry I do not know about BTAC so I cannot say anything.  Best is you ask them direct

How about True move, they have international prepaid simcard, it's pretty easy and cheap to call overseas with that. They also provide blackberry service. About 200 Bath/ month for surfing social network or (not "and") chatting via Blackberry messenger, Y! messenger and stuffs like that.

I used True and I'm going to use it again next time back in Bangkok.

If one wish to call overseas, one can buy an international calling card which is so much cheaper than using any of the mobile phone network company like Dtac or AIS or True move.  The overseas calling card can be purchase at any 7-11 convenience store and only 100 baht with no expiry date.  The calling card is tood dee and has a call back service too.  I use this calling card to make all my overseas call and even sending fax.

Hi Zino . U have three Questions . I will answers acc. to that

1.  U buy DTAC (Prepaid sim)Connection which will provide u local calling.
2. With DTAC (same Connection) u can use internet service with Blackberry . or for only internet u can take AIS it will cost u around 100 B for 50 hours .
3.  one wish to call overseas, one can buy an international calling card which is so much cheaper than using any of the mobile phone network company like Dtac or AIS or True move.  The overseas calling card can be purchase at any 7-11 convenience store and only 100 baht with no expiry date.  The calling card is tooped up in urs dtac connection  and by  call back service  to make all my overseas call and even sending fax. with this calling internatinal is Approx 5 B to USa, Uk etc.

If u want more Information u r most welcomed