PLUG SOCKETS IN BANGKOK?

Hi,  I am coming to live in Bangkok soon and was wondering what the plug sockets are like for when I bring over electrical items.  Are they two pins or three pins like the UK?

Where is it best I buy an adapter from?

Hi Zoe,
I think they are 3 pins but definately not the ones used in the UK as I'm fr Singapore, which uses similar plug sockets to the UK.
You can find the adaptors anywhere at most departmental stores here, at the electrical section. Hope this helps!

Zoe10,
There are both 2 and 3 pins sockets in Thailand. and they can receive many plugs but not the UK ones though. There are options that you can take.
1 if your plugs to your appliances are molded one and you really want to keep it that way go to department stores (any one)and buy adaptor for it.
2 You can buy extension cord with multiple socket outlets. some of these can take UK plugs.
3 Cheapest option buy new plug and wire it to the appliances and use it in normal sockets. Mostly are 2 flat pin parallel to each other similar to that Australian ones but theirs is slanting angle between the 2 pins.
Hope this helps.
Tavit:)

so should i leave it until I get there and sort it out then?

Unless you plan to travelaround the world to different countries in near future there is no need to get all the wonderful multi adaptor that can accomodate every sort of plugs. It is much cheaper if you stay here for a longer haul then get here and sort it out.

The most common plug here has two flat pins like in USA/Japan/Taiwan, but unlike there it is 230V in Thailand.
Most wall power points can also accept the two round pins like in continental Europe, but three pin outlets are rare (and if they exist, the grounding is often not connected).
You can get all sorts of adapters (and voltage converters if needed) quite cheaply here.

Gretings,
    Frank

When u get to bkk, go to MBK or fortune tower 3rd floor. Youll be able to find there all sorts of plugs. Thats what i did.