International calling card

Hi,
I am in Bangkok and would really like to ring the UK.  Is there an internatioal calling card that I could get from a 7/11 so I ring at a cheaper rate?  I already got a 1 2 call card to ring around bangkok.

Anyone know what to ask for as the people that work in the 7/11 don't speak much English....

Cheers

I've gotten a "CAT Phone Net" calling card, but it may be only for the US? Dtac has an international calling promotion, that's like 3THB to the US, but 5THB to the UK. What I've found the easiest/cheapest is just using skype or other free computer-phone applications. Hope this info helps though!

dtac.co.th/2009/eng/services/interservice/interservice_+_rate_004.html -dtac international promo

Hi Olipage,

Dee by jasnet international calling card is avaliable in 7 - 11 stores and lowest amount is 100 baht.  It has no expiry date so you can use it once and the balance amount still remain unlike others that it will expire in 3 months or so.

The web site is thookdee.com

Cheers

Hi Jessicaengolm,
Where can I buy connect card in Thailand?  What are the rates to call USA, Singapore, Australia from Thailand?  Can I use my mobile phone to call and can I send a fax using connect card?

You could also try IDD (International Direct Dial) codes from the main mobile suppliers. I'm with AIS (1-2-call) and use the 008 prefix for calling the UK: 008 + country code + phone number without leading zero. eg. a London number would be 008 44 208 1234567. I think it's about 6-8 baht/minute to UK (and other European countries, US, Oz, NZ etc) if I recall correctly. Calling cards may be cheaper, but this is very convenient. No subscription or pre-setup is needed for this service with 1-2-call, just dial...

There are prefixes other than 008 as these calls are routed through CAT (Thai Telecomms) and they have various prices/call quality.

If anyone wants more details, let me know and I'll translate the main points from the mobile provider websites when I've a bit more time.

Mark

international calling card for seal

I've had very good luck with 'i-talk' which I buy at Boots Drugstore.

I use it to call the States, but I know it also works to call the UK.

The cost to the U.S. is 1baht per minute; approx. $2US per hour.

The recepton is excellent.

i have for sale  calling card to all over the world
with option to refill

that it was cheap if you call to home number but if you call to mobie phone will not so cheap

(Moderated)

Go to any 7-11 stores and buy Took Dee card and its only 100 baht which you can call anywhere in the world using your mobile or land phone line.  There is no expiry date for the card too unlike other phone cards.

"The most important challenge among them is legal and regulatory requirements,..."

~

I know these are serious challenges in the developed world.

But here in Thailand, I would tend to belive the vast majority of people use 'prepaid' cards.

~

And I gotta say, for the last seven years, the 'prepaid' has worked very well for me.

Family marts or 7/11
TrueMove InterSim
Dial 00600 + countrycode + phone number for example 0060044xxxxxx

UK landline 1 bath per minute
UK mobiles 7-8 bath per minute I think it is.
International SMS 5 bath

Hmm.Great Nice Information For Call Rates Domestic And International.Thank You

There are several ways to call overseas from Thailand, the international calling cards are just one way.There's always Skype, both on your phone or off, What's App, Pinger, TextNow, TextPlus. You can text free but they also have calling plans.

When I call the US, I use the Magic Jack and I also have the app on my iPhone. Calling the US is 100% free. I bought mine in the US for $19.95 or $29.95 but I think they're sold in Thailand for like 1900 baht. They are worth and you'll save your money ten times over. I originally paid for a year, then renewed for another year and now I've renewed for five more years at $79.95. I don't work for Magic Jack but like I said, I've said so much money from using the thing it's unbelievable.

hi olipage

i have found that the cheapest internation calling card (should you not want to make use of the other options) is a ZAYHI card available at 7/11 and Family Marts and i have also seen some photo processing outlet on silom road carry them.

i buy a 500baht card and depending where i call to, this gives me about 20 hours to Shanghai or USA and about 10 hrs to Australia - i think the cheapest rate is 0.35 satang per minute and goes from there depending where you are calling to...

i use it with my mobile phone and the line is always relatively clear.

enjoy :-)

doriana

hi.

just to introduce i am CEO of VoiceinVoice Ltd. U.K. , coming to Thailand just for the same purpose of launching the cheapest calling card in next weak.
Our solutions are still working and can facilitate every expat worldwide.
i can give you the pins and way to use it right from your cell and cost will be sooo cheap that you can imagine  calling to U.K landline just 1 thai bhat and on cell just 2-3 thb.

you may add me on Skype for further info. my id there is "ExactCall" and can call on cell +9232 16000016 to get an instant account without charges. (free Test)

im currently in Pakistan and will be moving for the same purpose to Thailand in coming Weak. :)

have fun.

Epincall calling cards from UK to US offers very low rates. Epincall phone cards can be used to make calls from Bangkok or any other country. Online calling cards save you money and time, I think everyone should be using calling cards online.

( Moderated: No free adverts on the forum please )

if you are in Bangkok then go to sukumvit area 7/11 or ask any people around you can get calling card with cheap rate, sukumvit area as far i know most people can speak english

[Moderated: no free ads]

@olipage get your info right went to 2 7-11s in Bangkok and they only carry domestic cards and never heard of took dee.

@olipage 7-11s in Bangkok never heard of took dee card and only carry domestic calling cards