Traffic in South Korea

Hello everyone,

Which city or area do you live in in South Korea, and how do you find the traffic?

How long does it take to commute to work or run errands?

Is there a rush hour in your city? What times of the day would you recommend people to avoid driving if they can?

Are there any ways to avoid spending too much time in traffic in South Korea?

What is parking availability and cost like?

Thank you for sharing your experience.

Priscilla

I live in Gangnam-gu area. Traffic can be very heavy during rush hour especially if you commute long distances. The Han River highways across both sides of the river with the various bridges can make commuting very difficult because of the traffic. Those that experience this they have to get to the office at least an hour or earlier to avoid rush hour and leave the office much later.

I live a walking distance to my office so I do not have commuting problems. Seoul has one of the best transportation systems in the World, I believe they are #1 considering the quality and excellent service in public transportation. They have great rapid rail to suburban areas, excellent bus transportation in the City and to all other Cities in Korea, great taxi and the bus subway system in the world with great access to wifi service everywhere. I do not have a car anymore because it is really not needed if one lives in the City. Also, there are bike trails every where.