BBC looking for people who have been to Hyundai Ulsan Car Factory

Hello,

I'm working on a new engineering series at the BBC in London and I'm trying to find out about the Hyundai car factory in Ulsan.  Has anyone visited or even worked there? 

I am in touch with the company and it is always useful to have another perspective to help us work out how we can film it. 

The series is looking at the busiest airports, longest bridges and largest factories (Hyundai Ulsan is the largest in the world) as a way of seeing how we, as humans, are building our way into the future.  It is a celebration of our engineering prowess.

I'd love any advice or suggestions.

Many thanks,
Kate

Kate Dooley
BBC

Hello Mrs Dooley!

Welcome to Expat-Blog!

We hope that people respond to your query soon.

Wishing you, all the best with the new engineering series at BBC.

Regards
Sheetul

Ya I was there last week. Would be happy to help out :)

my email is [email protected]

Did you find what you were looking for?

Hi Marie, I have spoken to one of the members who was very useful and always wish to speak to more people.  Have you visited the factory?

Many thanks.

I have been to the Hyundai Heavy Industries Ship Building Yard, but not the car factory.  hoping to go soon though.  I'll let you know if I visit.

Yeah I work in Hyundai but I am confused of your word "Longest Bridge"

Longest Bridge is the Machang Bridge is the longest bridge with 1.7km-long, dual two-lane bridge joins the cities of Masan and Changwon in the southern part of Korea. It provides a vital link across Masan Bay to relieve traffic congestion and shorten commuting time. But is is a work of Hyundai Engineering not Hyundai Ulsan..

"...and largest factories (Hyundai Ulsan is the largest in the world)..."
She was saying it is the largest factory, the longest bridge was just another example of what she is documenting.

I am actually planning to film in the ship yard as well and would love to speak to you about what you saw there. 

Thank you for the clarification as well - indeed we are featuring many projects across the globe not related to Hyundai, including the largest airports and longest bridges. 

You work for Hyundai - do you work in Ulsan?

Many thanks,
Kate

I work for Hyundai, but only as a middle school teacher at Hyundai Middle School.  Nothing related to the Ship Building or Car Building plants I'm afraid.  I live in Ulsan and actually in Dong-gu and can see the ship yards on my walk to school and drive to Taekwondo everyday.  Here's a map of the area:
http://valerieandgriffin.com/2010/01/20 … ghborhood/
I'd love to talk to you about what we saw on our tour of the Hyundai Ship building plant.  Unfortunately would not be able to share any footage or pictures from the inside as they do not allow cameras in without special permission feel free to contact me via our blog if you wish.
Griffin

i've went to the factory a few years ago. never seen 'sea of cars' before

but the tour guide wasnt very friendly :rolleyes:

Thank you for your reply. 

Best,
Kate

Hi

I work for Hyundai India & i have been to Ulsan plant. Currently am in Asan plant of Hyundai.

Harish S