How to bring your car to South Korea

Hello everybody,

If you exported your car to South Korea, were there any formalities that needed to be completed beforehand? What were they?

What is the best way to export your car? Is there a limit on the number of vehicles, or perhaps the age of the vehicle? Are there limits on emissions or emission controls in South Korea?

What are the expected costs of exporting a car? In your opinion, is it worth it?

Once you arrived in South Korea, what were the applicable taxes? What was the customs process like?

How do you go about registering an imported car in South Korea?

Is it best to buy a car once you have arrived or to bring your car with you, in your opinion?

We look forward to hearing from you!

Bhavna

Hi, Why are you planning to export your car to South Korea? From which country are you willing to relocate?

As I know Korea automobile industry is quite advanced, if you can not afford to buy a new car here, used car can be available in a very cheap price. You will get each used car history such as accident, service period, change of auto parts..etc which will help you to choose based on your budget.

Korea & Japan export highest number of used car into Caribbean and South American countries. I am not sure if you were aware of this, that's why I shared this info with you.

My recommendation is to buy a car in Korea.

Hope this will help. Thanks. Ris