Dilemma whether to have baby delivery done in KSA or India

I work in a private company and wife works in a government organization. We are in a dilemma whether to have delivery done in the Kingdom or India. A friend of mine told that it'd be easier to get iqama and process baby's sponsorship if delivery can be done here. We are really confused don't know what to do because of new rules that most of the expatriates are being suffered. I think my company will not give a proper response if I ask baby's sponsorship kinda stuff.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Any help would highly appreciate

expatsultan wrote:

I work in a private company and wife works in a government organization. We are in a dilemma whether to have delivery done in the Kingdom or India. A friend of mine told that it'd be easier to get iqama and process baby's sponsorship if delivery can be done here. We are really confused don't know what to do because of new rules that most of the expatriates are being suffered. I think my company will not give a proper response if I ask baby's sponsorship kinda stuff.

Can anybody shed some light on this? Any help would highly appreciate

If I understood correctly, your dilemma is about delivering baby in Kingdom or India. Baby's sponsorship and expat suffering is another issue. On one note, baby's sponsorship will be done directly by you by visiting Jwazat office here.
Anyways I can tell you about delivery experience in Kingdom. There are babies delivered here everyday safely. The only common issue I heard is about they being delivered through C-section. You need to try different gynecologists and go with the one you feel comfortable with. To make the decision easier take feedback from the patients in the queue. Also make sure pregnancy is covered in your wife's medical coverage.

During labor don't be surprised if they don't allow you inside the delivery room due to customs and norms just make sure her mother is with her for support. Also deliver the message loud and clear that they don't perform any kind of action on her until they take your approval.

Let us know if you need more information.

Hi

I delivered my baby here she s now 4 months old and still no iqama regardless of the low and poor medical experience here I would advise she deliver here as it s much easier to get the iqama from here then if you send her back to your home country.

The most important thing is that you book your appointment to get the Saudi birth certificate that is essexial for any further procedure (registration and birth certificate at your embassy and the iqama) when I booked my appointment online when I was 8 months pregnant and the only available date was 2 months after my delivery beside that and due to vacations here we had to wait until the initial date that was booked .... it's a long story anyway in all cases and no matter what date the system gives u they would tell u to come one month after the delivery. The other problem is that a friend of ours tried to book an appointment yedstey and the system keeps showing that no dates available so I suggest you should start with that.

Long but hope helpful.

Cheers

Algérienneariyadh wrote:

Hi

I delivered my baby here she s now 4 months old and still no iqama regardless of the low and poor medical experience here I would advise she deliver here as it s much easier to get the iqama from here then if you send her back to your home country.

The most important thing is that you book your appointment to get the Saudi birth certificate that is essexial for any further procedure (registration and birth certificate at your embassy and the iqama) when I booked my appointment online when I was 8 months pregnant and the only available date was 2 months after my delivery beside that and due to vacations here we had to wait until the initial date that was booked .... it's a long story anyway in all cases and no matter what date the system gives u they would tell u to come one month after the delivery. The other problem is that a friend of ours tried to book an appointment yedstey and the system keeps showing that no dates available so I suggest you should start with that.

Long but hope helpful.

Cheers

Thanks, this is what something I was looking for!!  :top:

expatsultan wrote:
Algérienneariyadh wrote:

Hi

Thanks, this is what something I was looking for!!  :top:

:rolleyes:

With regards to healthcare, both mother and baby will be very well looked after in Saudi. My first was born in Riyadh the new al mouasat hospital and my second in my home country, England. Saudi was way better!