Hello

Hi, just joined this site hoping to make some new friends.  I live in Salmiya and would really love to participate in any outdoor activities where my dogs could join the fun.  Living here surrounded by people who are either terrified of them or greatly amused by teasing them until they bark is not much fun.  If anyone enjoys going to the beach, I live right across the street.  Just message me on here if interested in hanging out.

Welcome to Expat-blog Dog_Lover

Welcome to the blog, thats really sad about the way dogs are treated here.  never realized it :(

welcome to the blog.

which beach are u talking abt

I don't know if the beach has a name.  It's in Salmiya between the burger king and pizza hut

not a problem,i can spot it rite now.

Ah there,i have found it.

What dogs have you got?

They're a desert mix and a collie mix.

how many?

I have 2 dogs, a boy and a girl

ive never walked a dog before but would love to try it out :)

@ legacy, anytime you want to give it a shot just let me know.  We walk everyday.

i'll definitely take u up on that soon,
soon as my legs recover from yesterdays 21K "/

i just moved into the building "The Elite" between burger king and pizza hut, would love to take those dogs for a walk as i had to leave my six dogs behind at home with the family.

@legacy how was it,i couldnt wake up that morning.

ace, it was ace :) a real fun experience, strangers cheering you on, there were even a few Japanese bearing their flags along the way

i wrote about it on my blog (http://iblooogle.blogspot.com) i even put up some pictures, it was alot of fun, really.

hope to see you on the next one, when they make it!

Tom_ dude you sound like you love animals (7 dogs) so you might be interested in helping out at the animal shelter in Waffra...there dogs to walk, kennels to clean and loads of other animals that just need a bit of love.
In fact any1 would be welcome there I am sure, they need all the help they can get.
It is quite a drive out there...and I have to say I have been slack and not been since last yr when they had a fire run thru the place...but I believe its been refurbed completely and is doing well.

i might come to salmiya on this Thursday.looking forward to meet you and the dogs

Hello everyone!  I too am new to the blog and am a total animal LOVER!  As a matter of fact, I wish I could take every stray cat and dog home with me to apartment in Salwa, but I can't!  Would love to walk and talk on the beach and play with your dogs!  I miss mine soooooo much!

Hi everyone

I am not much of a dog person, as a I have an irrational fear of dogs, however I am interested in buying or bringing a cat from the uk for my wife, any recommendations as to where I can find a good pet store with a  good variety of cat breeds. I would also like to know what are the procedures to bring a pet to kuwait.

zizo87 http://www.kuwaitconsulate.org/Consulat … /Pets.htmlhttp://paws-kuwait.org/blog/paws-servic … t/?lang=en

Best bets of finding a pet is the PAWS shelter or Animal Friends of Kuwait, both can be googled for contact information. Please keep in mind, for safety reasons, it is always best to have a vet checkup after you adopt! Most shelters do not have the money or resources to treat for some infective things such as ringworm, mange, etc.
Best of luck Zizo for finding a pet!