Rental in San Pedro

Hi, My name is Sandy Poffenberger. My husband and I am moving to San Pedro, Belize from Santa Monica, Ca. We will be retiring after 40+ years in the Restaurant business. We are looking for a 2 bedroom 2 bath apt. or house, within walking distance to the beach, shopping, restaurants, etc.Our budget in 850.00USD. Please help us make our dreams come true. Thank you, Sandy and Paul Poffenberger

Hi Sandy Poffenberger,

Welcome to https://www.expat.com!

Try to have a look at the housing in Belize section.

Good luck,
Christine

Your best bet is to arrive in Belize find a simple inexpensive Hotel in San pedro, there are some still, for a few weeks, explore  to find the area you like best. confusing that your post says rental but your budget suggests a purchase  price. You may find the exact place with a for sale sign in the front yard, and then also check local realtors and generally ask around .Your budget should be more than enough  to find something  you like fairly quickly.  On san pedro if you are south of the bridge you are always in walking distance to the shore.
If  you have checked for yourself all  tittlles and sellers paperwork is in order buying is quite fast in Belize. Property for sale on the internet is usually asking higher than properties are worth, only on TV shows are people paying those sort of asking prices in Belize.

terrific wrote:

Your best bet is to arrive in Belize find a simple inexpensive Hotel in San pedro, there are some still, for a few weeks, explore  to find the area you like best. confusing that your post says rental but your budget suggests a purchase  price. You may find the exact place with a for sale sign in the front yard, and then also check local realtors and generally ask around .Your budget should be more than enough  to find something  you like fairly quickly.  On san pedro if you are south of the bridge you are always in walking distance to the shore.
If  you have checked for yourself all  tittlles and sellers paperwork is in order buying is quite fast in Belize. Property for sale on the internet is usually asking higher than properties are worth, only on TV shows are people paying those sort of asking prices in Belize.

That confused me too, Terrific, but I realized it was 850.00 per month, not 850,000. I agree with what you said, though. Get a hotel or Airbnb for a week or two. You'll find better deals for long term rentals that way.

Thank you so much for the advice. We are really looking forward to meeting new people, trying new foods, and learning about our new home.