Converting license in Oman

In general can we get a US driving license converted in Oman?
If yes, mine expired in 2016. Is it still possible?

Hi daker_doober,

Can you travel overseas on an expired passport, or an expired visa ?

If yes, then you can of course, drive in Oman with a local driving licence converted from an expired U.S. driving licence.

Hello,

You need to have a valid US driving license for converting it to Omani Driving License so you must renew your US DL 1st.

I have automatic driving licenses from Dubai with GCC stamp and it is really sad that i cannot convert it to automatic driving license to oman.I am looking for rent a car.I dont know if I would be able to rent a car on the bases of Dubai automatic driving license with GCC stamp.

If you are on visit visa you can rent a car and drive legally but if you have employment visa then you can't as it would illegal to do so.

abdurrazaq wrote:

If you are on visit visa you can rent a car and drive legally but if you have employment visa then you can't as it would illegal to do so.

Can you explain how could a person drive a rent-a-car on an expired international license ?

It was for Monis, who has valid UAE DL. Ofcourse every sane person knows that expired licenses need to be renewed to be considered as valid.

abdurrazaq wrote:

It was for Monis, who has valid UAE DL. Ofcourse every sane person knows that expired licenses need to be renewed to be considered as valid.

That makes sense though. A quoted text along with your message would serve the purpose.
:cheers:

abdurrazaq wrote:

Hi abdurrazaq,

So according to you, this topic was started by someone who is ... insane ?!?

Dear Sumitran,

Sane and insane used in informal communication means ones having/not having common sense.

abdurrazaq wrote:

Dear Sumitran,

Sane and insane used in informal communication means ones having/not having common sense.

Common sense is not so common these days,  Abdurrazaq! 
So while replying at a public forum, a common sense is to SPECIFY the person whom you're responding (This is what a real meaning of using common sense). Trust this would help you.

Dear Schaz,

After reading few of the redponse since yesterday I am 100℅ agreed with you that common sense is very uncommon now a days.

abdurrazaq wrote:

Dear Schaz,

After reading few of the redponse since yesterday I am 100℅ agreed with you that common sense is very uncommon now a days.

Now you're getting the point !!! :one