Lottery

Hi, I'm just wondering if the published winning lottery numbers are allowed to be in any order when compared to the ones on your purchased ticket ? Also I'm wondering if a foreigner can cash the ticket and if anyone here has ever won anything ? I've never won anything but I sometimes like to buy the tickets off the older sellers to help them. The special prize is about US$90,000 which is quite a bit of coin so is there any tinkering going on and is the lottery genuine and fare ? How much do the sellers make per ticket they sell ?

They say 1,000,000 tickets are for sale but usually the sellers have a wad full of tickets so I'm not sure if they sell all the 1,000,000 tickets available.

Cheers :)

panda7 wrote:

Hi, I'm just wondering if the published winning lottery numbers are allowed to be in any order when compared to the ones on your purchased ticket ? Also I'm wondering if a foreigner can cash the ticket and if anyone here has ever won anything ? I've never won anything but I sometimes like to buy the tickets off the older sellers to help them. The special prize is about US$90,000 which is quite a bit of coin so is there any tinkering going on and is the lottery genuine and fare ? How much do the sellers make per ticket they sell ?

They say 1,000,000 tickets are for sale but usually the sellers have a wad full of tickets so I'm not sure if they sell all the 1,000,000 tickets available.

Cheers :)

Hello Panda,

The last time I heard that every 10,000 Vnd ticket, seller makes 2,000 vnd. I don't think they can sell all of 1 million tickets, seller can take a risk to hold their tickets to win or they can return the un-sold tickets back to the supplier before 4PM every day.

Cheers.

In order to collect the grand prize if you're so lucky, make sure you can prove that your purchase of the ticket is done with valid visa (beware of overstay or fake visa). Let's said your visa already expired or you're having a fake visa which you've obtained from some independent agents with cheap price, then you might have problem in collecting your due rewards. Even such unfortunate incident occurred, you'll still able to collect your due rewards with much lesser amount as those interested parties will take the opportunity to squeeze you for whatever they can.

PF. Chin wrote:

In order to collect the grand prize if you're so lucky, make sure you can prove that your purchase of the ticket is done with valid visa (beware of overstay or fake visa). Let's said your visa already expired or you're having a fake visa which you've obtained from some independent agents with cheap price, then you might have problem in collecting your due rewards. Even such unfortunate incident occurred, you'll still able to collect your due rewards with much lesser amount as those interested parties will take the opportunity to squeeze you for whatever they can.

thanks, I probably would never collect as a foreigner by myself though...I would get my Vietnamese friends to collect for me and pay them a commission for the hassle. Mind you if it was only a 100,000 vnd prize I would probably go in to collect it just to see what happens :)

Do the numbers for any prize have to be in order or is any order ok ?

panda7 wrote:

Do the numbers for any prize have to be in order or is any order ok ?

Pretty much yes but you can win with numbers from 2 to all 6 and two numbers just pays back the price of the ticket.  If I remember correctly, the match is from the last going to the first, but don't hold my feet to the fire on that.  Here is a link to the main lottery company in English.  http://www.xosobinhduong.com.vn/Forms/en/home.aspx  Binh Duong is the company selling in HCMC and points south, but there are other companies that I saw in the middle of the country .  Not sure about Nha Trang, but I have bought other company tickets in Qhi Nhon and Da Nang.  They name the different draws after cities and provinces but that has no real meaning.  The tickets are sold everywhere.  I used to check my numbers on this site as the numbers come out each evening.  The street sellers keep a book of winning numbers but you have to hang on to last weeks's tickets and you will likely feel obligated to buy another ticket if you read from their book.  You can find daily winning numbers by following the menu tabs Useful Info>Daily Draw Results.  If you check online, you can conveniently throw your tickets in the wastebasket by your desk.   :sosad:

My Vietnamese friend sais the winning numbers are to be read in order. For eg if say the 2 winning number prize is numbers 25, on your ticket you would read on the far right and would need to have 25 in that order for the first 2 numbers. Then for 3 winning numbers you look at the 3 numbers to the right of the ticket and in order etc. 

The odds of winning anything are very low though. For example for 2 winning numbers (the lowest prize) there are 10,000 winning tickets out of 1,000,000 total tickets so your have a 1:100 chance of winning :( In theory for the smallest prize (2 số, 100,000 vnd) you would need to buy 100 tickets to win 100,000 vnd (so 1,000,000 vnd spend). The odds just get worse from there :) Still you can put a smile on the sellers face when you buy one and that is worth more than the cost of a ticket and who knows you just might snare the 1 in 1,000,000 chance $90,000 first prize :)

THIGV wrote:

If I remember correctly, the match is from the last going to the first, but don't hold my feet to the fire on that.

panda7 wrote:

My Vietnamese friend sais the winning numbers are to be read in order. For eg if say the 2 winning number prize is numbers 25, on your ticket you would read on the far right and would need to have 25 in that order for the first 2 numbers. Then for 3 winning numbers you look at the 3 numbers to the right of the ticket and in order etc.

I think these are the same.  However your description has more detail.

yes I think that is right...I've never won anything yet. The sellers always avoid the foreigners when selling the tickets as the foreigners never buy them.

The odds just get worse from there :) Still you can put a smile on the sellers face when you buy one and that is worth more than the cost of a ticket and who knows you just might snare the 1 in 1,000,000 chance $90,000 first prize :)

I agree - sometimes when you see these old people selling these tickets in the hot sun you cant help feeling sorry for them but buy at least 1 lottery ticket from them to help them out!   :top:

the first 2 numbers pays 100,000 vnd and you have a 1:100 chance of collecting :)