Is this a decent monthly salary?

Hello everyone,

Sorry this is going to be one of those type of posts... . I would like to know if 2,500 USD$ a month is a decent salary for a single person if housing and utilities except for the telephone are included in their work contract? (Most likely in Istanbul.)

Would a person, living modestly, be able to save money each month?

Thank you :)

Hi and welcome on the forum Samza :)

I hope you will get helpful responses from other members. Maybe you could tell us in what field you are intending to work.

Have a good day
Armand

Hello Samza,

This website shall help you to obtain an overview of the cost of living in Istanbul. It listed the approximate prices of several basic commodities/services which am sure will help you to calculate your living costs there.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Hi Samza base salary here is around 500 usd.
Thinking that you will not pay for the house yes this is decent :)

Thank you guys for the information thus far :)

Separo is this 500.USD the average per week or per month, looking at that payment when compared to what the average cost of living calculator tells me this amount per month would be very difficult (if not impossible) to live on.

monthly base salary ~500usd

Hello guys,

Just checking back in, given that housing and utilities are covered in my contract...what is the minimum/best amount of money I should bring with me to Istanbul?

Sincerely,

Sohniye

That's a great salary. I am a professor and that's about how much I make, and no extras included. I raise 2 boys and live a pretty good life with that salary *(kids in private school).

is Adana that cheep  ??/  2 kids in private school ????

So how much do you guys think I could save on that salary?:D