What is a good sallary for family of 3

Hi,
as you can see I am new here :)
I consider moving to Istanbul for work (together with my wife and baby) in big multinational company. I will negotiate soon my conditions, and I am wondering what would be a sufficient sallary for 3 of us, since my wife won't work at least in the beginning.
The office of the company is located on Anatolian side in Atasehir, so I assume that I will search for place to live somewhere around.
Please give me some insider tips!
Thanks.

You will need 2500-3000tl minimum
Look for rent some in Atasehir, Bostanci or somewhere around.
Just rent is about 700-1000tl + bills + food + all that u need.
Hope You can find some good and not expensive, wish you good luck!

yeap 2000 USD = 3681 TRY

With this money-You,Your wife and baby can live without problem!

Thanks a lot IvanaK and mail.comturkstar.
The amount you mentioned ~3500 YTL is after taxation I guess, right?

Everybody is right, you should have all right life with around 3500 tl, but more is always better;)

A humble Turkish family monthly expences. (All average)

Rent 2+1.............:650 tl
Electricity..........:45 tl
Water................:45 tl
internet ............:40 tl
gas/kitchen..........:15 tl
heating/winter.......:150 tl
Phone bill/each cell.:50 tl
market...............:500 tl
greenstuff from pazar:200 tl
public transport.....:150 tl
TOTAL 1845 TL = 1000 USD

These are the basic expences, the rest depends on you.

As a foreigner, keep in mind that you must be registered to SGK (Social Security Institution) here's website.
Regarding salary, since your work place is gonna be in Atasehir then as all other friends recommended above it must not be less than 2000 Turkish Lira. I do not know your profession, but if you are an engineer or dealing with sort of things it should not be less than 2500 TL which is roughly 1388 USD.

Good Luck.

Rent: min. 1200 tl for two adults + baby, in somewhere livable.

Bills: around 500 tl per M. during the winter with heating (Tenant pays gas bill in Turkey)

Salary:

Computer programmer: Senior starts from 5000 TL per M. (Min 3000 tl) This is afer the taxes etc.

Lawyer in a international 1st class Law Frim ( Colombia, Stamford etc. educated Turkish/English speaking around 20000 TL per M. After taxes.

An accident expert (Director) in a Security company around 12000 TL
After tax + Car, Gas etc.

A basi office clerk : 900 tl Afte tax per M.

A bus driver (City/Local lines) around 2500 TL per M.

Police officer: around 2500 TL  P/M

Goverment/state doctor: around 3000 tl P/M
A teacher around : 2000 tl P/M

Senior graphic designer around: 2000-3000 TL after tax P/M

Hi all
My wife have a Master degree in Math , she's head of secondary math department in a international school also she's a accredited international trainer ( from USA & GCC & ME countries ), also she was a math lab instructor in a university , with that all , she had around 14 international education courses and certificates ( Cambridge , Oxford , edexel  , phoenix university etc. ) ,
Can somebody give me a  idea almost how much can be her salary ( range )  if she decide to work in education field . ( PS: experience are than 15 years )
Thx on advance.

I am considering moving to Istanbul with my wife. I am senior software engineer with experience in bigdata profession. What will be a good salary to live a happy life in Istanbul.

HI ,
mristanbul & usayavuz ,
YOUR reply of above mentioned query were very informative and it will help for everyone to who want to come and these are basic requirement of anyone.
thank you so much,
greetings:
tahreem kazim