Need a new villa beimg kicked of jadawel compound

hi I am new to this blog thing-even though I am a facebook junky lol
the thing is my husband and I have to move out of our jadawel compound and have no new place to rent or new compound. Does anyone know of a villa or apt rental for 80,000 to 100,000 sars yearly to rent? help me now lol. bye becsue

Try Al-Waha Garden Village -

AL WAHA GARDEN VILLAGE Tel: 278 8414 x 1149 (Rashid Khan)
(Junction 10)

Call into various real estate companies in the area you want to live and they will bring you to see whats available. There's loads available around the north side of the city. We viewed a huge 4/5 bed 3 storey villa yesterday for 60,000sar for the year. Needs furniture though. You may need a translator for some of the agents.

Dubliner- Can you share some Realtor contacts?

we have to move where company puts us now thanks for all the help

Dubliner1967 wrote:

Call into various real estate companies in the area you want to live and they will bring you to see whats available. There's loads available around the north side of the city. We viewed a huge 4/5 bed 3 storey villa yesterday for 60,000sar for the year. Needs furniture though. You may need a translator for some of the agents.

Hey Dubliner, how are you settling into Riyadh?  Will you be going down the private villa instead of compound route?

does anyone one know what new compound is being called the al salam compound on exit 5. we have to move there. any websites for info up yet?

I am considering Jadawel compound. Would you recommend it?

Well they are encouraging new residents as there are only fifty villas occupied. It used to be a beautiful compound but is in need of a lot of TLC. The rent seems way to high for the way the compound looks at the moment. I think it will take a while to bring it back up to standard.
Having said that if you are prepared to overlook the overall appearance outside, the villas are very large, with double parking,maid and driver's quarters.
I know the recreation lady and there will be a lot going on after the summer holidays.
On balance if I had the 400,000Srs rent I would probably take a chance.

Thanks Sandy! Apparently the rents in all the compounds are absurdely high. If I am going to pay that much for a villa, it might as well be large. So just how much TLC does a SR400K villa need?

I don't think it is so much the villas as the outside areas. The gardens are all overgrown and mature trees and bushes are all dead.Compared to how it used to look not so long ago the feel of it is sad and neglected.

Have you tried negotiating on the price?

Oh I forgot, the security is very tight, so tight in fact that when I went a few weeks ago for a coffee morning it took 40mins. to get from the front gate to the inside of the compound. Not sure if that was incompetence or officialdom !!

I just contacted them. I spoke to a nice young man named Bally Kay. I understand the rents are from SR400k - 450K, which is a "little" out of my price range. He did ask me to go ahead and email him my details. He said he would see what he could do.

Tight security eh? So I guess popping in for a tour is out of the question without an appointment. How was your coffee? BTW...are the communal facilities and amenities of good quality?

Hi Paladin44!

Maybe you should start a new discussion on the Riyadh forum! ;)

Thank you,
Harmonie.

That's probably a great idea Harmonie, but I'm am still pretty much a new driver on the information superhighway. I'm not sure I know how to start a new discussion. I'm kinda pleased with myself to be having this one. :)

Harmonie - I thought this was the Riyadh forum?  :blink:

Hello Paladin44, just follow the link in my message. ;)

And of course this is the the Riyadh forum CAF, I've precised it so that it will be easier for Paladin44.;)