Al Yamama compound, Riyadh

Hi everyone,

I'm moving to Riyadh in January & would be grateful of any information about the Al Yamama compound;
Activities, restaurants, transport, apartments or villas?
And are both sexes allowed to mix?
Many thanks

Well, welcome  :)

both sexes are NOT allowed to mix, and i think you already know that not allowed to drive :P
but i think you'll live in a compound of foreigners so it will be different inside than the outside of Saudi,you will have security and i think time to go out for shopping with a driver, my advice is to consider and respect the traditions of people here and I assure you that they will be very nice to you.

for your question about best web service plan for your mobile: the main point is the plan is unlimited or not, i got plan from Mobily, it said unlimited then i discovered it's limited cause i do a lot of downloads , now i have STC, it's less quality but really unlimited, there's also 3rd company Zain but i don't know about it.

hope that I helped and any questions just ask  :top:

Al Yamamma is a very nice compound and the manager is terrific!  It has very nice large villas, great amenities, facilities and activities and its close to the American School.  Not sure what you're going to do here in Riyadh, but i believe you will enjoy your stay while living there.

Usually the accomodation is organized and paid by employer, and it includes EVERYTHING except food, gas, long distance phone calls. Considering salary for expats, food is cheap, especially local or regional fresh produce. There were several shopping buses to the supermarkets for ladies during the week - no lady driving remember!
There are 2 pools, at least 1 restaurant, maybe the library is still there.

Image Slides : img.me.fi/profco/alyamama/AlYamama.html

youtube.com/watch?v=uWwf8jBxRR8

alyamamavillage.com

raahil69 wrote:

Al Yamamma is a very nice compound and the manager is terrific!  It has very nice large villas, great amenities, facilities and activities and its close to the American School.  Not sure what you're going to do here in Riyadh, but i believe you will enjoy your stay while living there.

Usually the accomodation is organized and paid by employer, and it includes EVERYTHING except food, gas, long distance phone calls. Considering salary for expats, food is cheap, especially local or regional fresh produce. There were several shopping buses to the supermarkets for ladies during the week - no lady driving remember!
There are 2 pools, at least 1 restaurant, maybe the library is still there.

Image Slides : img.me.fi/profco/alyamama/AlYamama.html

youtube.com/watch?v=uWwf8jBxRR8

alyamamavillage.com

Hello

What are the prices of this compound? I need a compound to move with my family but I am afraid all family compounds are extremely expensive in Riyadh

Thank you in advance.

Hi Alys
I saw you enquired about Al Yamma long time back. Did you move in here and if yes how was your experience. I'm moving from South Africa looking for 1 bedroom apartment for myself.
Thnx

Hi guys

Just checking if anyone has moved into al yamama and if so wat are the prices for a 2 bedroom and if you can please send contact details for the compound I would really appreciate it . I'm currently looking for a place for me and my wife and child . Or if anyone knows of a compound near king abdulaziz medical city . Thanks in advance.

@Calvin Govender

Let me know if uve found out the prices, need a 3 bedroom villa in yamama 2