Is it easy to find a job in Belgium only with English/ Spanish

This is my concern since I arrived here, Is there is a chance to get a job in english here in Belgium?  Im starting to learn netherlands but lets be honest..learning a language takes years in order to be fluenty.

I think there are international companies in Belgium?

If you know smth about this let me now :)

heeeey PSM

we are on the same page here I have been living in Belgium for almost one year and a half still could not find any it is not impossible to find  a job in English but in a very narrow range and it depends on your specialty anyways hope you will like the place here  :)

Thank you! Wish u luck too

You can apply for an English teacher in European School located in Brussels. My classmates in Inburgering( integration) course is working there. There are also some schools that is looking for an English teacher. You can look it up on Google.

Thank you for your help! Do you know if In that case they need people with background in teaching?

My friend was a teacher in her country of origin but you can always try. You can ask them if they're looking for someone who has a background teaching, well I guess it is really a plus if you had. I will try to ask her this Monday and I will let you know.

I looked on their website and they do not have job vacancies for the moment. But I think you can always send your CV on their email.

If you wish to teach English at a school or college you will need to be a qualified teacher. See https://www.tefl.com/

You could possibly be a home tutor without qualifications?

Thank you for your help! I'll check the website :)

Hello PSM,
What kind of sector are u looking for a job in? How is the dutch evolving?

Almost impossible without knowing dutch or french.

Depends on what kind of job off course Ruzbeh..

for any kinds of job from serving in a restaurant to teaching at school, you need to know the local languages. the society is not friendly to English speaker.

My Dutch is not good as well, but I had interviews with International companies where in English speaking is sufficient, currently I am working with American company. It took me more or less 1 mon to find job. So its possible to get job here in Belgium for English speakers

For instance if i make a bachelor in english here, afterwards is it possible to get a job? I heard from some local that it depends the sector. My dutch is actually none, I only know few words. But If i want to work in an international company/ field e.g ( business or trade) Do i need the language?  Im native spanish speaker, i did french but soo long I dont remember almost

Thank you Sabrina! That makes me hope :)

1boerken87 wrote:

Hello PSM,
What kind of sector are u looking for a job in? How is the dutch evolving?

For instance if i make a bachelor in english here, afterwards is it possible to get a job? I heard from some local that it depends the sector. My dutch is actually none, I only know few words. But If i want to work in an international company/ field e.g ( business or trade) Do i need the language?  Im native spanish speaker, i did french but soo long I dont remember almost.

Sabrina0509 wrote:

My Dutch is not good as well, but I had interviews with International companies where in English speaking is sufficient, currently I am working with American company. It took me more or less 1 mon to find job. So its possible to get job here in Belgium for English speakers

Thank you Sabrina! That gives me hope :)

Hi Psm08,
As far as I know, for Bachelor studies you must learn Dutch until certain level, because their way of teaching is in Dutch. But for Masteral - they offer courses in English. When it comes to searching for jobs, I suggest (like what I did) you target those international companies.