Application for live in nanny in belgium

Hi im janice 31 yrs old from philippines currently living in singapore for almost 4yrs with my belgian/dutch family. I can say they are my family as i never felt to be their employee and i love them so  much. They have 2 adorable toddlers that soon need to go to primary school and thats my problem now. They are planing to move to belgium and  they want me to come with them and im not also ready to leave my boys.
            Bye the way my concern is im 31 as i mention and in application of Au pair its should be 18-25 so basically im not qualified. Upon browsing im reading this live in nanny but cannot find an info how i can apply for it. If anyone can give me an ideas that will be a huge help for me/us.
              Thank you so much

Hi Janice,

The only legal way is that your employers declare you as house staff.

Domestic work
What is domestic work and who is a domestic worker? The categories of domestic workers, their rights. Domestic work in Belgium.
What is domestic work?
Domestic work is one of the oldest professions of women in the history of the world. Linked to slavery and various forms of servitude, including colonialism, it is an unregulated and undervalued activity, because in most countries labor legislation does not apply to domestic workers.
In a new Convention adopted by the ILO (International Labor Organization) on 1 June 2011 (C189), domestic work was defined as "work performed within or for one or more households". Domestic work is different from the care work performed by members of a household in the context of family responsibility and without the establishment of an employment relationship.
Domestic work (in one or more households) includes:
1. Cleaning
2. Laundry, ironing (clothes, dishes)
3. Ironing
4. Cooking (Chef)
5. Security Officer (Home)
6. Gardening and gardening
7. Driving (driver)
8. Child Care / Babysitting
9. Care for the elderly
10. Caring for people with or without a disability
11. Caring for animals / pets
12. Assistance in other daily household duties.

Who is a domestic worker?
The domestic worker is a person who works in or for the home of another person. To qualify as a domestic worker, one must be engaged in domestic work within the framework of an employment relationship. The term "employment relationship" excludes persons involved in domestic work who:
1. Do their work only occasionally or sporadically (as a part-time babysitter);
2. Do domestic work within the framework of family responsibility (caring for children, the elderly, etc.).
However, workers employed for the cleaning of public and private buildings and any other activities mentioned above are not domestic workers since domestic work is a household job and is usually performed within the perimeter of the house.

What are the types of domestic workers?
There are generally two categories of domestic workers: the domestic worker living with the employer and the worker not living with the employer. The worker in the first category lives in the house where he works, while the worker in the second category lives outside the workplace. The other categories are composed of full-time, part-time workers, domestic child workers, those doing bonded / forced labor, as well as migrant workers, including au-pair workers. It should be mentioned that in Asia and Africa there is also domestic work in the form of child labor and bonded labor. In addition, au pair work originally carried out as part of a cultural exchange program for young people is also a type of domestic work mechanism for migrants.

What guaranteed rights of domestic workers are guaranteed under this new ILO Convention?
The new Convention requires the guarantee of the fundamental rights of the domestic worker in the same way as all other workers. In addition, it requires that:
1. The domestic worker shall be informed of his employment conditions in a comprehensible manner through a written contract;
2. The domestic worker is called to work only during normal working hours (eg 48 hours per week in Pakistan and India), in compliance with other provisions such as overtime pay, daily rest periods and weekly and annual leave with pay;
3. National regulations on minimum working age and minimum wage (such as the standards of a country) are respected;
4. Wages are paid in cash, however, only a limited part may be in kind. For migrant domestic workers, the Convention requires that a written contract be signed and delivered to the worker before he / she crosses the national border. However, this clause does not apply where persons enjoy freedom of movement under certain bilateral or multilateral agreements. This provision also does not apply in the case of the EU.

Any citizen who uses the services of a person to carry out manual work (washing, ironing, cleaning, gardening, etc.) is henceforth regarded as an employer regardless of the duration of the benefits.

That implies:

to identify themselves as an employer and therefore to register with the National Social Security Office (ONSS)
to declare any personnel employed by means of a DIMONA declaration
to pay the necessary social contributions
to take out an accident insurance covering the employees concerned
Occasional activities of a non-manual and non-professional nature are exempt from social security contributions, provided that the staff employed lasts a maximum of 8 hours per week (in total) with one or more employers. This applies for example to babysitting, keeping older people, shopping or accompanying less mobile people ...

Citizens can address their questions directly to the social security phone call center at 02 511 51 51, every working day between 7 am and 8 pm.