Close

English Schooling in Belgium

Hello,
I have two kids 11 n 6 years old. I m looking for a school in English. I can't afford the private international school as they charged more than 12k for one child. Are there other options available ?
I heard about European School. Is it worth to put the children in European school? French n Dutch language competency is very poor for both the kids.
Can anyone give me feedback about Europe school or if any other options are available ?

Thanks in advance.

You can not enrol for European school in Brussels, the fact you are asking means you are not eligible.

You could try European schooll mol but almost unlikely without another language at their age.

Your option is French or dutch public school just like the 2 million non Belgians without dutch or French as mother tongue.

Thanks for your reply. My both sons are into English language school currently so I am really afraid to put them directly into public school.
Why ES mol is not an option? Is it Possible to provide feedback for that school?
My elder son is 11 now. So is BIS an option since they teach only in English after 12 years(correct me if I m wrong).
Thanks for feedback.

Europe an school mol will require 2 languages to be fluent aged 11  plus limited places. 2 hour journey from Brussels. School fees too
Do you have 10k each child? European school will be fee paying for you.  Is your child fluent in French or German? I think these are the other languages you need as second language.

I have no idea what bis is.

I am in a similar situation.
My kids are 11 and 5 and looking for english medium schools.My work place will be in Wavre.please keep posted if you manage to find any.

All the English schools are on the map I be posted many times and their fees are on the map.

The cheapest English school is around 10k and questionable quality and most expensive is 35k.

There are no English schools in wavre. Nearest costing over 15k and needing French or Swedish  is European school Argenteuil in waterloo.

Merci

Thanks Schoolmom proving valuable information about European School.
I was referring to Brussels Catholic International School. I have read on the website that they follow french-English 50-50 %. Is it advisable for my 11 year son without any French language knowledge

Thanks...

Bics teaches in French and English not only in English. It s clear on the website? Do you have 20k cash spare annually for fees? Your children will still need French, so why not save 20k and place them and into French school and learn French quicker too?

Expatriate health insurance in Belgium

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Belgium

Moving to Belgium

Find tips from professionals about moving to Belgium

Travel insurance in Belgium

Enjoy stress-free travel to Belgium