Single Status Affidavit

Hi I'm in the process of preparing my paperwork for not only getting a temporary residency but also getting married in Slovenia. I am an American Citizen living in Florida and I have been getting all my papers prepared here then sent to my fiancé over in Slovenia and she then brings it into the Municipality to get them processed. Now my question is concerning the Single Status Affidavit also known as Certificate of No Legal Impediments, I am aware that it is easy for me once i am in Slovenia to get this paperwork at the American Embassy But i want to get this paperwork done here before I go to Slovenia. Now my question is how do I go about doing so? Do you believe that it will be enough to go to a local County Clerks Office and ask for this document? I have been able to get this Affidavit template online, would filling out the template getting it notarized and then sending it to get the Apostille be sufficient?

I hope someone can guide me in the right direction, thank you to those who take the time and make the effort to read and reply. Have a great day.

You must get it from the American Embassy.  The county clerks office cannot assist you as there is no national database to check against.  They would only be able to certify that you are not married within their jurisdiction, which is not sufficient. 

You will make a sworn statement in front of the consular officer and the embassy will issue the required document for you.

I applaud your planning and trying to check all the boxes off ahead of time, but this one you'll have to do in Slovenia :)

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Just to update others on this matter, I was able to go to the local county clerks office and get this document for a fee of $9