To live in Slovenia after Marrying..

Hello everyone.. My name is Krishna . i am from India. My gf is from slovenia. i want to Marry her here and then i want that i get settle over there with her.. i want to live with her there ! can u tell me how she can gaurantte me after Marrying here and how i can get a long stay visa for there from slovenian embassy. i shall be very thankful.

Hello Krishna.

Welcome to Expat.com!

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Slovenia forum. :)

Hope you will soon get some informations from other members.

Thank you,
Aurélie

thanks

First you need an address and letter of authority, stating that you are living there or have been invited to live there. you will be able to at first get a temporary visa (začana bivanje). Then you would have to get your marriage cirtificate translated and notorised and submit it for a slovene one. you may open a foreigners bank account....wont give you any visa cards etc. You wont get permanent residency until being here in slovenia for 5? years.... To get a work permit, you have to show an invitation to work by a slovene company and you have to get all your school and college cirtificates notorised and translated. Plus you need to have evidence by your police/embassy that you are not wanted for any crime....(a statement to that effect must be stamped and signed by your police/embassy). Your temporary visa is extremely limiting...you cant have an overdraft, you cant get a job. If you want to buy a car, they will give you a foreigners number plate so that everyone knows you are foreign. All I can say is good luck!!! My husband is english and gave up due to all the red tape...when they entered europe, he still didn't citizenship even though married to a slovene. There's a lot or red tape, you need a big pair of scissors.

thanks for the info... semms like hard too much to get there .

Sharing from my experience ....

1. Registering Marriage
To get married according to Slovenia law within Slovenia, you need:
  - Birth certificate
  - Document(s) from government office saying that you are single & there is no obligation for you to get married abroad

Both documents must be:
  - in english or translated into English & certified by Ministry of Foreign affair in your country for true signatures,
  - translated into Slovene by a certified translator (http://www.slovenia.si/en/live-and-work … g-married/)
  - brought to a consular office of your country in Slovenia to certify true signatures of your government officers, and
  - brought to Ministry of foreign affair in Slovenia to certify true signatures of your country's consul.

2. Applying for Permit
- You need a "no criminal record" document issued from your local police office. (again, it needs certification & translation into local language)
- Marriage document
- Photograph
- Health insurance
- Bank statement to certify enough fund during your stay
Your Slovene spouse will need to submit these documents to a municipal office (Upravna Enota) where you are residing.  Here, the government officer may refuse to speak to you in English.
- During application process, you will also need a signature from the house owner to grant permission of your stay.

Then, you will receive a permit titled "Residence Card of a Family Member of Slovenian Citizen"

Scope of "Family Member Residence Permit"
It allows you to:
1. reside in Slovenia
2. work in Slovenia
3. enter other Schengen countries for 90 days
4. follow your partner to work in other EEA countries

For more information, check www.europa.eu 
You will be classified under "non-EU national, family member of EU national"

Hi friends,

I am currently engaged to my Slovene bf. We are thinking what's best and easier to do In order for us be together sooner and build our own family. We are planning to settle down in Slovenia after marriage. Please tell me if its betterfor us  to get marry  in Slovenia first or here In my country. Looking forward. God bless