Generosity of Vietnamese people

I think this story deserves to be shared on this forum.

http://tuoitrenews.vn/society/42088/tou … generosity

As a big country like Vietnam, there are also many nice and kind hearted people in this community.

Just to add a grain of salt, lets remember that Tuổi Trẻ is the official organ of the Ho Chi MInh Communist Youth League.  Nothing is printed or placed online that does not meet Party scrutiny.  Some articles may be a little critical, particularly in areas like educational policy, but nothing is unapproved.

I think this is beside the point of  politics. Let us set aside media propaganda and focus on the fact that there are indeed good people anywhere in the world. Such act of kindness should be embrace and encourage.

People wrote and said they were sorry for her loss, pretty standard stuff. Not sure if its newsworthy, maybe if someone had bought her a new bike it would be newsworthy.

Cant see where you get the generosity bit from.Lets not forget, the bike was stolen in Viet Nam.

just  curious, how many of those people were expecting coffee money?  :)

great hostel she must have stayed at.

still

nice 800$ tip for the workers

I would vote Vietscamese right up their with rats and dogs.

I've lived in Asia for nearly 2 decades: all my adult life. I didn't think they made people worse than the chinese or thais until i came here. they took my breath away hah.

gotta love the premise too

corrupt thieving state-owned media tells victims of theft how wonderful and heartfelt the thieves of said state are.

no 800$ back, obviously.

slap on the back for the thieves too obviously

for righting historical wrongs

THIGV wrote:

Just to add a grain of salt, lets remember that Tuổi Trẻ is the official organ of the Ho Chi MInh Communist Youth League.  Nothing is printed or placed online that does not meet Party scrutiny.  Some articles may be a little critical, particularly in areas like educational policy, but nothing is unapproved.

Well, I don't think that we should take politics anytime  :)

Well Tuoi Tre is a run by a political group, so therefore, it is valid.

The last time I wrote anything critical (and it was very critical, but absolutely truthful) of Vietnam on this website my ip address was blocked for a month and the only way I could read emails was by using ..... er, well never mind, but it was a PITA.