Close

Retiring in Brazil

Take your rantings to Facebook and not here, please!

Moto Esspresso,

I agree with you 100%. We don`t need that here. This forum is very good for helping people. I hope some of the moderators are keeping track of it.

Jim

Please let's be respectful of all honest comments. Remember not all insults are deserving of response. Pete perhaps you could tell us why you are so angry she went home?

what have i mist

exnyer :

Please let's be respectful of all honest comments. Remember not all insults are deserving of response. Pete perhaps you could tell us why you are so angry she went home?

i dont think im the one thats angry, i was having fun

Is someone stirring the pot, 😂

If this is fun for you then I'm afraid that you are what you pretend to be....a troll!

Gotcha184 :

If this is fun for you then I'm afraid that you are what you pretend to be....a troll!

so you think Iam an ugly cave-dwelling creature depicted as either a giant or a dwarf.
you better ask my wife :dumbom:

It`s time for this forum to go back to what it is designed for. A place for people to get help ask questions and share experiences.  It doesn`t matter who started what and who said what. It need to end now. Lets go back to helping people.  I am here for that. The other stuff can be found in facebook groups.

Jim

So .... about "Retiring in Brasil" .... Personally, I don't consider myself retired (by a long shot) because, in my kind of work, we work to our last thinking breath .... But I "can" say, I love it here for the unpredictability. Do I think Brasil is the land of Procrastination???? (as in, never do today what can wait until tomorrow) ... FOR SURE!!! ........ But, do I consider it to be a powerful country waiting to take its place on the international stage?  Yes, I believe that can happen and -- in its own, unique way -- it could be one of the most influential countries in the world. Yes, there is so much paper work that sometimes I actually wonder if businesses really want to get their money or not .... Then, I hear gun shots at 4 in the morning and dynamite explosions as yet another bank is robbed and forced to close in my town (3 banks so far this year -- only one left now) and I think .... Well, THOSE guys sure don't care about paper work .... Like I said, Brasil is stimulating for the mind and heart and soul --  and if you don't want your retirement to be boring -- well, here we are!!!!

Ron Hevener :

So .... about "Retiring in Brasil" .... Personally, I don't consider myself retired (by a long shot) because, in my kind of work, we work to our last thinking breath .... But I "can" say, I love it here for the unpredictability. Do I think Brasil is the land of Procrastination???? (as in, never do today what can wait until tomorrow) ... FOR SURE!!! ........ But, do I consider it to be a powerful country waiting to take its place on the international stage?  Yes, I believe that can happen and -- in its own, unique way -- it could be one of the most influential countries in the world. Yes, there is so much paper work that sometimes I actually wonder if businesses really want to get their money or not .... Then, I hear gun shots at 4 in the morning and dynamite explosions as yet another bank is robbed and forced to close in my town (3 banks so far this year -- only one left now) and I think .... Well, THOSE guys sure don't care about paper work .... Like I said, Brasil is stimulating for the mind and heart and soul --  and if you don't want your retirement to be boring -- well, here we are!!!!

Well said that man

I was already retired prior to my first trip to Brazil. I started coming here in 2015 for spiritual reasons, but initially had no desire to move here -- only visit. That changed for 2 reasons: I found the spiritual connection I was looking for and I met my future wife. I also came to love many things about Brazil, most importantly the Brazilian people. Unless something unforeseen happens, I expect to live the rest of my life in Brazil.

Welcome :)

Expatriate health insurance in Brazil

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Brazil

Moving to Brazil

Find tips from professionals about moving to Brazil

Travel insurance in Brazil

Enjoy stress-free travel to Brazil