Moving To PP - Looking for Everything

Hi,
I'm El, Moving to Cambodia in October, quick visit at the start Of August to try and sus a few things out first, I own a Adventure travel business, and a non for profit clothing company.

I'm Looking for Social clubs (maybe Tennis, or gin and tonic / wine society)  to join, people with a lively sense of humor or will at least laugh at my jokes is there anything like that in the city.. if not does anyone want to start one? 

I'm still lost as to where i should think about living, i've bought a motorbike already, but not sure which part of the city I should set myself up.. i like good food, music and wine...  A swimming pool sounds like a good at this point too... any recomendations I'm all ears.

I have so many questions, very excited, first time I will have lived in asia permanently, so expect me to chew your ear off a little if you say hello

Thanks

Sam C

Feel free to come visit us here :) we are alot of expats living here. Message me for more info, or you can add me directly on facebook ~ we all do different things from all around the world. There is a swimming pool tenis court spa and gym right here also ^^

Take care ~

Awesome Thanks Michael.

Welcome to PHN, Cheers

I've lived in three places in Phnom Penh , I'm from USA retired, this is my second year , spending about 16 total months in Phnom Penh in two years , so I think I know alittle something , for sure I know some great Khmer restaurants! Ask , I'm retired , meet for coffee , I would give you all I know, I moved here alone , so found out everything for myself, let me know I'm up for questioning or coffee and both ha

Sweet, I'll give you a shout in three weeks and get you a coffee in exchange for your brain powers.
Thanks so much,
Sam C

Hey anytime almost although I will be in Thailand august 2-22 with my two daughters, but back to Phnom Penh after that until October 31, but pretty much live in pp most of the year , love to meet up with you

might just miss you on my prelim trip in August, but will be back permanently in Late October.. although may just miss you again.. hahah i'll drop you my Phone number when i have got there for good.
Cheers

Yea no problem, but I've got to tell you about some really fine 6000 reil dinners and lunches , I have some places I hit, nice family Khmer restaurant owners, that's 1.50$ bring a lot of us dallors with you , hardly any twenty, as many 5s and ones that you can find , good for moto or tuk tuk, and this is most important, try to get a set amount of bills and order them new if you can, my bank did that for me, if it even has a small tear in the bill, they just will not take it, it must be in perfect, or nearest you can get, new bills, problem is nobody really wants 50 s or 100 s unless your paying rent etc, but gosh I caught caught with a twenty with a small tear I mean small where you would fold it, nope, three places I couldn't dump it, so I use a money belt , it keeps all the bills straight, you can go with reil, but it's easy with $ then. Use reil for tips , so let's say I'm going on a moto 3 kilometers or 5 I would say 1$ or 5000, which is 1.25, well I would tip him 1000 reil, so I take 1$ trips I give them 1$ and a 1000 reil note, it's good for tipping, hope I'm not boring you , but so many transportation options ha you never need to worry about that, I try to be in the moderate category, these guys who drive tuk tuk and motos, " work hard for a living" it's tough and they have family's, I try to never forget , I'm more fortunate so I pass alittle on, greatest luck in Cambodia, I just love it I'm leaving October 31, but returning January 2, for 6 month, so hope to catch you , this is just my take on a few things, the $ bills make sure they look good!!!

HI, Sam.

I'm Al. I'm from northern California and will be moving to Phnom Penh in November. I've never been there, but I do have more than 10 years living in Asia. Southeast Asia is my backyard. If you have any questions, please fire away. I'm looking to live somewhere in BKK1 or BKK2. Good areas from the extensive research and questioning I've done. Good luck to the both of us.

Al

Hello, twins guy.

I'm Al from California. I'll be moving there in November. It'd be nice to ask some questions and have someone there I know when I arrive. I'll definitely get you a meal for answering some questions. And I'm totally up for $1.50 local meals. I've got over ten years living in Asia. I call Southeast Asia my backyard. Love the place. Can't wait to get back.

Al