DRIVING LICENCE

HELLO

If I don't have a European driver's licence I must learn everything again for getting one?

THANKS

This question has been asked and answered many time before scroll down and take a look. What license do you have?

Getting a Maltese licence in Exchange for a licence issued in a EU/EAA Member State, Switzerland or an Australian territory

In order to exchange your Driving licence issued by the authorised licensing authorities of any EU/EAA Member State, Swiss or an Australian State and Territory to a Maltese driving licence, you must have been living in Malta for at least 185 days in the last year, otherwise the exchange of licence cannot be effected.  To start the process you need to provide the following at the Driver and Passenger Operator Licensing Unit in Paola or at the Gozo Licensing Office ;

Application for the Exchange of a European Driving Licence if the licence is issued in EU, EAA or Switzerland duly completed in full
Application for the Exchange of an Australian Driving Licence – DRV14 - Maltese or DRV14 - English   if the applicant holds an Australian licence
One coloured passport-sized photograph
A copy of your Identity Residence card
A copy of your foreign licence (back and front)

The minimum requirement of 185 days residency (in cases where the issue date of the Identity / Residence Card are issued after this period) can be proven by providing any of the following for consideration of the Authority;

·         Income Tax returns issued by IRD

·         End of year FS3 forms issued by the employer

·         ETC engagement form registering client with employer

·         Utility bills (Telecommunication companies, Water and Electricity, Cable communications) in the name of the candidate

·         Contract of purchase of a residence in Malta or Gozo signed by a Notary / Lawyer

·         Contract of leasing of a residence in Malta or Gozo signed by a Notary / Lawyer

·         Private agreement for the rental of a residence between two parties countersigned by a Notary / Lawyer

·         Leasing agreements of residences between two parties countersigned by a lawyer or notary

Terry

THANK U

Just an update to this thread,
Just found out that
Lease agreements etc
Utility Bills / contracts etc
are no longer accepted when proving the start of 185 days.

Has to be an official government communication, Tax is acceptable but basically, the e-Residency card
is what they now want.

The website has not be updated to reflect these changes, as usual.  :/

They still processed my application and gave me a receipt, stating they would call me on the due date to collect my licence in a months time.  (Gozo Office)
Ray

RayAucote wrote:

Just found out that
Lease agreements etc

Has to be an official government communication, Tax is acceptable but basically, the e-Residency card
is what they now want.

They still processed my application and gave me a receipt, stating they would call me on the due date to collect my licence in a months time.  (Gozo Office)
Ray

Don't hold you breath, when I did mine it took 4 months.
It expired before I got the new one and the office said - 'don't worry about it , half the locals don't have a licence anyway'!

Ray

F0xgl0ve wrote:
RayAucote wrote:

Just found out that
Lease agreements etc

is what they now want.

Ray

Don't hold you breath, when I did mine it took 4 months.
It expired before I got the new one and the office said - 'don't worry about it , half the locals don't have a licence anyway'!

Ray

That's OK then as technically I probably don't have one either. I remain cautiously optimistic, which is not like me....

The staff at the Gozo office were very good and the office manager got on the case but the hold ups were mainly caused by the UK taking a long time to confirm details and then Malta being slow to do there bit!

Ray

I agree the Gozo office is very good, not just transport but  e-residency and Tax. Very helpful.
Ray