Close

Moving to Gibraltar

Hi Guys,

I am sure you see this type of subject a lot so I am sorry but I just wanted to try and get some advice.

We are in the process of planning our move over to Gibraltar, I have family who live on the rock already and my folks even own a place in Gibraltar which I will be renting from them. (the have moved out to the middle east with my dad’s work)

Me and my partner are in our 30's (if you ever meet me I did not tell you her age, ha ha) and have a 3 month old little girl.

The only thing I don't have sorted yet is a Job, which is a little bit of a worry for me, we do have savings and since we are renting from my folks I will have time to find a job. I just wanted to try and get some idea how long it would normally take.

I have been doing call centre type of work for over 12 years, and I am a Business Development Agent right now in the UK.

So what do you think and any advice you can give would be fantastic

Thank You
Ben

Hi Ben
Welcome

I would think that with your call centre experience a job in the onlline gaming industry or similar would at least be a staring place.

Grumpy

Hi Grumpy,

thank you, I have seen and thought the same thing, only worry I had about that is that I have not worked in the gaming industry itself, do you think this would be a problem?

Thanks
Ben

Hi Ben
I've not worked in that area either but having known some that do I cannot see why someone with similar experience who is bright and willing should have a problem so long as there are vacancies available.
You could try contacting some of those businesses but I usually advise that knocking on the door and talking face to face is the best approach

https://gibyellow.gi/result?query=BETTI … mp;search=

Grumpy

Thank you again for that Grumpy,

I agree that going in person will probably be the best approach, but I will also check out that link

Thanks
Ben

Expatriate health insurance in Gibraltar

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Gibraltar

Moving to Gibraltar

Find tips from professionals about moving to Gibraltar

Travel insurance in Gibraltar

Enjoy stress-free travel to Gibraltar